Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

There was a pumpkin floating in the swamp. Every day it would bob and drift, floating around with the alligators and the gar. 

Amber-touched pumpkin rind and murky oud plunked into a boggy melange of mosses.

Edited by Jenjin

Barely swampy at all, but the amber, pumpkin, and oud are so good.  The pumpkin isn't spicy to me, but very buttery and sweet at first, reminding me of good buttercream frosting, all wrapped up in warm, grounding, resinous amber, on a base of sultry, dark woods that lean incensey and plush.  It's a very rich, satisfying scent.  The swamp part is just a hint of elegant moss.  I love oakmoss (dry and vintage perfumey) and Spanish moss (a little sour and aquatic in the best way) and I keep thinking that I smell hints of both in this blend.  After about an hour, some of the gourmand sweetness fades (though not all of it) and the pumpkin smells more like an authentic pumpkin patch, like an interesting, creamy gourd scent and dried vines with a whisper of buttercream treats.  The amber and oud stay strong, warm, glowing, and sweetly resinous.

It's rare that I love a pumpkin blend because I don't like the smell or taste of pumpkin spice, but this is creamy, woody, and resinous rather than spicy.  There is a spiciness, but it's more a hint of vanillic, soft, clove-y goodness (like in The Wild Men, one of my other favorites).  I just love it so much.  It's like a beautiful, woody-resinous, lightly clove touched men's fragrance with a gourmand twist, strolling you through the woods and a pumpkin patch in autumn.

When a soggy, alligator-chomped, decorative gourd-headed god emerges from your mossy backyard swamp in late autumn, you obviously leave offerings of PSLs with extra amber pumps of pumpkin sauce for it. Each morning the cups are emptied, and the silent god oozes a strange resinous sap, redolent of riches and good will. You think you’re onto something.