Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jenjin

Carved Wooden Barber Shop

Many an hour has been whiled away in this gentlemanly retreat: skin-warmed steel, fresh cedar shavings,
a creamy fougere lather, a soothing splash of orange blossom water, and the distant memory of blood and bandages.

Edited by Jenjin

Well, I only got a decant of this because it was part of a set. Note-wise, this was unlikely to be something I would enjoy. So I am only reviewing this now because nobody else has posted a review, in case it helps those who read my reviews and are like, "Well, d_d hated this, so I'll probably love it!"

Immediately, Carved Wooden Barber Shop reminds me of when I first opened a bottle of minty simethicone tablets during my pharmacy tech days. Then I'm plunged into a flashback to Bronze Dildo, because behind that light mintiness, I get cumin-y metal... and I really couldn't help but thinking "gross!" every time I smelled it. I'm not a big fan of orange blossom, but it's really light in this scent. There's also some iron-y blood note and some rubberiness from the bandages beneath the soft mint and metallic cumin. :sick:

Eventually (yeah, I stuck through it and didn't wash it off...), this becomes mostly about the fougere with a hint of cologne-y steel (sans any cumin by the end of the day) and a bit of warm cedar... and there's just a bit of the coolness left behind.... maybe it was part of the lather? :think:  And all of the scary notes are gone after several hours of wear.

I can't compare this to a barber shop, as I've never been in one, so maybe someone else could chime in there.

It's no surprise that this ended up being my least favorite of this year's Carved Wooden Village scents, and it's surprisingly one of the least woody!

If you're a fan of some of the weird American Gods scents, this might be up your alley, though.