Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lilacea

What the Snow? I Need to Know What Snow Smells Like!

I’m not at all familiar with BPALs snow notes. I’ve read many reviews where people describe it as soft flurries of snow, heavy snowfall etc. but I’ve never experienced real snow in my life, I come from a country quite bereft of it. Could anyone please give somewhat of a comparison of what BPALs snow notes might be akin to? 

I’m grabbing a TKSnow from the Yules (I do love the OG TKO) but I’m on the fence about other snow scents. Thanking you all in advance.

BPAL has a couple different snow notes. The "Snow White" snow note (which is the one used in TKSnow) is kind of like a cold floral vanilla, but has also been compared to coconut, almond, scotch tape, and chilled flowers. It's my favorite of the snow notes and I find it difficult to describe.

The other snow note I'm familiar with is the "slushy snow" note. This one is more minty/piney and my enjoyment of it depends on what it's blended with (I like it with vanilla mostly). It's in most of the snowy forest type scents and it's in Marshmallow Snow.

There might be other BPAL snow notes I'm not familiar with, though. It can be impossible to know which snow note is used in a scent until you smell it (if there aren't reviews).

Edited by feyofthefellwood

On 7/24/2017 at 7:40 PM, alterosen said:

It's the minty snow note, not the slightly citrusy one that reminds me of 7UP which I prefer. Oh well!

There's the version that alterosen explained above in her review of Think Snow For Me, which is the same used in The Snow Woman from the Valentine's Day Lupercalia collection two years ago. 

I recently asked this question as well! Here are the answers I received:

@wordortwo I'm certainly no expert, but I do know there are a few different snow notes. I've encountered two, one is minty and cold, and the other is sweet, like in Snow White, if you've tried that one? It's hard to describe but I wouldn't call it gourmand personally.  If you were interested in any of the Snow on Snow scents, the ones from last year's Yule collection were basically Snow White + whatever GC scent it was paired with, so I'm assuming this year will be the same, but I don't know. This post has better articulated info about the lab's snow notes haha: 

2. Some reviews describe the labs snow notes as sweet? Is it sweet every time? And is it, like foody-sweet?

The Lab has a myriad of snow notes. There's the creamy, sweet Snow White one that some people get marzipan from and others get coconut. There's the slushy snow from scents like Skadi, a sweet evergreen-infused snow from scents like Snow Bunny, The First Soft Snow, Marshmallow Snow, and NYC Snowball Fight, a white musk sort of snow from scents like Schönperchten and Snow and White Musk Hair Gloss, and then there's mentholic snow from Nuclear Winter... you basically never know what you're going to get, because even with some Frostbitten scents in the past, there were several that had the Snow White snow, but others, like Frostbitten Zombi and Frostbitten Cheshire Cat, that featured different snow notes.

Edited by wordortwo