Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The suffocating, leaden burden of grief: deep grey ambergris accord and salt-rimmed black oud, bitter galbanum, white sage, carrot seed, black tea, birch tar, charred driftwood, and angelica seed.

There's some funkiness for a while but it's not like... bathroom funkiness, it's more like the typical funkiness I get from ambergris (which to me smells different from oud's infamous funk).  Also somehow I'm picking up a bit of a narcissus feeling here even though it's not one of the notes.  Maybe THAT'S the oud, I'm not sure. 

But later on it smooths out a lot and it's more of the wistful seaside salty breeze that I was hoping for.  It is an herbal woody ambergris scent, like you would expect from the notes, but very smooth at this point.  I think I would enjoy even more salt in this and might play around with some layering options.  I do like this and I'm glad I took a chance with it.  

It does remind me of Bedroom a lot, I might not need both of them, I'll have to try them a few more times.