Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Hey, ouch! A violet, black lilac, and ruby musk contusion swelling over a prophetic incense of gum mastic and Oman frankincense.

I’m shocked no one has reviewed this.

Wet: Incense that is trying to explain what a violet smells like, but it’s getting nervous & sweating a bit. But it’s mostly right. (Smokey lilac with a frankincense undertone & a sort of skin musk… but not quite? Incense musk? I dunno…)

Drydown: It got the hang of violet! But it burnt the petals a bit with the incense. Still good though, still a violet! The musk is either gone, or boosting the resin left behind (it’s not really apparent which resin it wants to be, but it smells lovely & reminds me of the incense I burnt while I was in high school [like 20 sticks for a buck & no one knows what it was trying to be; aka head shop incense without the weed smell]), or red musk gives me the impression of linen? That may not be accurate but something clean & soft (not soap). 

It last a few hours on me & doesn’t have big throw (if I put my arms down at my side, I can barely smell it & that might be because I know it’s there). The longer it’s on, the less I can pick it apart. It’s mostly lilac headshop incense (that’s my new band name) with a subtle note of laying in a bed that has freshly cleaned sheets (unscented detergent though). 

Overall, I really like it. If I didn’t already have a massive rotation of scents, I’d buy a back up. But I’m pretty sure it’ll last awhile as a little goes a long way for me. It’s neither cologne leaning or perfume leaning, so I’d call this an easy unisex scent. It’s a bit more smokey like on my brother, but otherwise not much change (lasts longer though).

(As an aside, a few times it smelled like a little backyard fire, in a fancy little fire pit with some scented sticks/logs, but it only happened once or twice during dry down. Not sure why, may have been when it was warmed up)