1. Cellar Door just posted their Halloween goodies - I love their scents, soaps and candles - which of these might you fancy?
ooohhh candles... Graveyard Smash, Lavender Pumpkin, Once Bitten, Pumpkin Chai Latte, Grand Traverse Ghost Walk, and Basic Witch all sound amazing!
(i'm trying to branch out but i'm a gourmand/floral lover at my core!)
2. If you'd like handmade knit items, are you good with soft wools or do you prefer acrylic only?
i'm a spinner/knitter so I actually never usually get handmade stuff! i love wool, of course but the best is whatever the person making it likes to use.
3. Are there any items you'd love for fall/halloweenie? (Ie mittens, hat, fingerless mitts, cowl, legwarmers)
one can never have too many hats... or cowls...
4. Anyone fancying the new Paintbox Soapworks or Witch Baby Soap Halloween launches?
I'm unfamiliar with boths of the brands but I like the whole vibe and would be willing to try anything especially the Bath Streusel because that sounds incredible. I like bath salts, body scrubs, candles and bath bombs. I tend to avoid highly scented body care though so I can let my perfumes shine.
5. Would you be interested in an adult Halloween coloring book? I recently backed on kickstarter for one by a local gothic art market near me and it's due in during the swap period.
6. What are some OCYL brands you've been wanting to dabble in?
i think i've been able to get some samples from all the faves except Arcana! from Alkemia, i like Feuillemort, More Light, and Lola. i've got some Ajevie samples from Death & Floral (Morton Salt Girl, Crunchy Baguette, and Soft Crunch of Bread and Bone) and Nui Cobalt (Apple Picking, Corn Maze, Daughter of the Dark Moon, Ginger Cat, and Starlight & Spidersilk 2021), NAVA (Piña Ghoulata and Pumpkin Bat), Hexennacht (Belsnickel, The Haunted Tea-Cosy, PB & J, Yule-O-Ween), and Astrid (Josephine, Ruffles, Bustles, & Corsets) coming my way if i ever stop adding things to my order 😅. I'm open to anything really, I prefer oils over sprays. Although, I've been looking for more room sprays recently.
7. Thoughts on homemade bath bombs & wax tarts? What type of scents do you favor?
yes and yes. Halloween/Fall food smells, please. Also peppermint is a big favorite of mine.
8. What kinds of home smell good things do you like? (I.e. incense, candles, wax melts, felt scent balls, essential oils, linen spray) - my question
i use candles, incense (stick and cone), and linen sprays but i do like wax melts.
9. Would you like anything from the bath and bodyworks Halloween line?
i'm always stocking up on hand lotion and hand sanitizer. that said... their twisted peppermint candle that comes out during the winter holidays is my absolute favorite candle of all time.
10. Do you have any interest in spooky squishmallows?
i love all the squishies and plushies! frogs, sheep, and cows are my favorite animals and green, pink, and black are my favorite colors.
11. Would you enjoy spooky stationary?
totally! let's bring back letter writing lol
12. I know a lot of us are witchy and have deeply held beliefs about the materials we use as part of our practice. If you're one of those individuals, are there certain herbs, crystals, etc that you do not want to receive?
I'm open to any/all as long as its sustainable and/or local.
13. When you have a distinct preference for one holiday over another, What are some cross over items that actually work for both?
No preference, I love all holidays and the fall/winter holidays are my favorite. I'm a "keep the Christmas tree up year-round" kind of person.
14. Local honey? Infused/flavored honey? Local infused/flavored honey with Southwest notes (jalapeno, other pepper, mesquite, acacia)?
All of this sounds delicious and I like getting local stuff! In terms of flavors i like spicy, sweet, and salty. i'm very open to trying new foods/flavors.
15. Does anything from JiJi Knight spark your interest? https://jijiknight.com/
i love witchy things, so this is right up my alley!
16. Any spooky/weenie DVDs you're missing and would like in your collection? NMBC? the Crow? An old Hammer film? Dark Shadows? The Omen? Sleepy Hollow?
Ohh idk if anything is missing but the kinds of movies I like (and own) include: Trick r Treat, Beetlejuice, and Gremlins... hmm now that i look those may actually be the only ones... 😭 it seems i'm more prone to buying christmas movies than halloween. i am for sure a horror fan though and i love finding obscure cult classics (Killer Klowns from Outer Space anyone?)
17. Shampoo and/or conditioner bars and if so, for what type of hair (dry, fine, oily, curly, normal)?
i have curly hair so i'm very picky about hair care. I am open to hair glosses or other conditioning sprays, my locs are always dry.
18. Ectogasm Halloween Collection is live. Does anything interest
haha wow i literally just discovered this brand while shopping for this! i love the "boobs ghost", the "all seeing pot leaf", and the "glow in the dark vampire teeth" 😂
19. On a scale from Paprika Is a Heatwave to Let Me Eat a Peck of Pickled Ghost Chiles, how spicy is too spicy, and how spicy is just right?
my dad is Caribbean so i feel like i can handle a lot. on a scale of 1-10 i can handle an 8 but in restaurants i usually order 6 or 7.
21. I make things from old sweaters. If I were to make you a set of arm warmers/ fingerless mitts, what color(s) & style would you like?
I don't really need this but this is such a cool craft! wow!
22. Homemade canned and baked and concocted goodies? Any aversions? If I could make you some of my fudge, what would you prefer?
this is so sweet but i'm weirdly picky about food textures so no thank you!
23. Are you open to trying different indie perfume houses if I find a scent that I think you'd enjoy?
24. I love making stickers!! If I could design you some stickers, what would you love to have? It could be halloween themed or not! My art style is a bit simplistic, cartoony, and cutesy, I usually draw fairies but last year I did a swap on reddit and made someone a bunch of halloween dog stickers lol. (Sidenote: They probably won't be waterproof, but they're glossy vinyl!)
Aww, I also make stickers! I love any sort of homemade stickers but i don't need any labels at the moment.
25. I'm going to Disneyworld in late September! I'll be going to all four parks and attending both the Not-So-Scary Halloween Bash and Epcot's Food and Wine Festival. Is there ANYTHING from Disney that you would like? Is there something you collect that perhaps you'd enjoy a Disney version of (tea, socks, enamel pins, plushies etc etc etc)???
i love anything spooky, pirates, and vampires so anything disney related in that reign is cool!
26. Would you like any decor from Say Target, Homewood, or William and Sonoma?
I never need more home decor but I will always take something witchy, halloween, or space themed.
27. I am going to Dragon Con for the first time! Which of these BPALs do you want? https://us4.campaign-archive.com/?u=50266fc02a3b75767125e0ed2&id=9bf4d797e8
Is there anything you would like? Lab wise or just general geekery
PEACH MILK!!!!!!!! ridiculously sexy peach also sounds good but i know i will be getting my hands on at least one bottle of peach milk lol. I'm a horror movie nerd so do with that as you will. Oh, I'm also a trekkie!
28. Would you be interested in a bag like we sell in our etsy shop? https://twinklentwilight.etsy.com
ahh my second favorite hobby of collecting project bags... i don't need anymore BUT i'm loving the print on Mystic, Big Black Kitteh, and Wicked.
29. If you are a yarnie, are you interested in a ceramic yarn bowl? I have an extra Harry Potter (I know, I know) one from Lennymud that I bought before the whole JKR debacle and it didn't profit her in any form anyway. I believe it's Gryffindor themed.
no thanks, i'm a Ravenclaw 😂
30. If you are a yarnie, I'd love to gift some yarn from my stash so give me an idea of colors / weight / material / yardage you'd like.
mindless sock knitting is my jam this year so fingering-dk of anything that's not acrylic or cotton. any yardage, i do a lot of scrappy projects.
31. Are you interested in trying some of our "thunder butter"? It's like tiger balm or icy hot, but with herbs, beeswax, cayenne or ghost pepper, menthol, wintergreen.
cbd version or no?
yes, this sounds amazing and CBD is welcome.
32. I need to inventory our canned goods but do you like things like peach jam, cardamom plum jam, peach butter, plum butter, pickles, applesauce with nothing added, applesauce with red hots, dried apples or pears, bread and butter pickles, dill pickles, blackberry jam, huckleberry jam, candied jalapenos?
33. Any interest in things from our garden like dried mint, catnip, lavender, rose petals, dill weed or dill seeds, sage, rue, mugwort, rosemary?
i don't think i need any of this but if you think i'd appreciate it i'd take it! i love rose, mint, and lavender and i have a cat!
34. How about alcoholic things like rose petal liqueur, lavender vanilla bean liqueur, various flavors of mead (chocolate orange, strawberry mango, whatever my son is making)?
this is super cool but no thanks!
35. Pumpkin bread or zucchini bread? How about blueberry zucchini bread with a lemon glaze?
i think i can get over my weird food texture thing for pumpkin bread...
36. I make specialty simple syrups. You can use them in teas or cocktails (and desserts). How do you feel about a Hibiscus simple syrup? I use 2 ounce bottles for these so its just a fun amount.
this sounds delicious, yes please!
37. Format for tea? e.g. teabag vs loose
no preference, i like both.
38. Do you like spooky themed tights? If so, what are your measurements?
39. Pls post your book wishlist!
here is a link to my good reads, anything on the "want to read" list would be cool! https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/106974714-bryce
(feel free to friend me! just send me a message that you're from the swap)
40. Would you like to receive a 2D collage art piece? What overall vibe would you be into? (spooky, autumnal, whimsical, eerie, lovely, occult, bizarre, smutty etc.?)
i like all of these example words, all of this is very much my kind of thing.
41. Do you like rocks/gemstone jewelry? Prefer polished/smooth rocks or raw/rough? Any favorite stones, rocks, colors that you'd like?
no preferences here really other than i like silver jewelry.
42. Any interest in the August releases that got announced today? https://blackphoenixalchemylab.com/product-tag/august-2022/
i'm missed out on a decant of Ceres and i'm super curious to smell it... the corn note haunts me... i did get decants of Vanilla Cream, Pistachio, and Macadamia and Lavender Buttercream + a bottle of Animals at the Bottom of the Sea 😂 if you want a sense of the notes i like though, these are pretty much all it!
44. Luvmilks seasonal goodies are out! What scents and formats appeal to you, my little pumpkin?
these are cool but not really for me.
45. Would you like a Pyrex 4-cup Nightmare Before Christmas bowl with lid? (Can also get Starwars and various Disney ones.)
46. August Tea's fall sale starts tomorrow, 20% off everything on the site with code FALL20. Is there anything you would like to try, my Pumpkin? https://august.la/
my partner loves earl grey and other caffeine heavy teas. i'm not picky, i love all tea. Dirty Chai, Silencio, Heartbreaker, Metropolitan, The Black Lodge, Psychocandy, and Big Easy are the ones that caught my eye.
47. I've recently taken up embroidery, would you like a small (I embroider on 4" hoops) embroidered piece? What sort of design would you like?
I love spiders, black goats, and other spooky witchy/halloween-y things
48. Do you wear nail polish, and if so, would you like some? What colors or finishes?
I usually wear gel nail polish but i'm open to indie brands! i like dark colors. green, black, holographic.
49. I'm going to the farmer's market tomorrow, and there are lots of great vendors. Would you be interested in soap or chapstick or bath/body products?
i'm always in need of chapstick!
50. Would you be interested in a tumbler like these? If so, what theme would you like it to be? Glitter or no glitter? What color do you want the liquid to be or would you prefer the blood drip look?
this is so cool! absolutely, and i love glitter and the blood drip look! a green ooze would also be cool.
51. How do you feel about ribbons? Is there anything in particular you are looking for if you'd want some? What about ribbon remnants? Colors/textures?
52. Would you be interested in any skincare items? Anything you would not want?
53. New question: Is anyone else interested in the latest Sphere & Sundry release? https://sphereandsundry.com/offerings/bpals-of-exalted-venus-ii/
Or other S&S offerings?
i'm completely unfamiliar with this brand so if you see something i'd like, i'm open!
54. Do you have any interest in trying my infused moonshine whiskey? I've been thinking of experimenting with autumn spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, clove) and maybe a chocolate chai.
this sounds delicious! i'm game as long as there isn't apple (sadly allergic to fresh/raw apples, i can however eat apple pie/drink apple cider so cooked/peeled apples are ok...)
55. Any interest in spooky shape wax melts in your favorite candle scents? (What are your favorite candle scents?)
I don't currently use wax melts but i'm not opposed to getting them since i've been thinking of getting a wax burner.
56. How about lotion bars?
57. Bird and Blend tea just did their Autumn drop! Anything look good to you? https://www.birdandblendtea.us (Also, if you're not a pumpkin person, I invite you to check out the rest of their offerings, which are always exceptional!)
i'm a big chai drinker so all the chai variations look amazing. i'm especially interested in the sticky chai.
58. Arcana Craves halloween drop! Anything catching your eye? https://arcanacraves.com/
Blueberries Crave Goblin Sharks, Strawberries Crave Sea Turtles, and Vanilla Craves Ghost Fish all are catching my eye! Apples Crave Leafy Seadragons also sounds good and so far i'm not allergic to any BPAL scents that list Apple notes but i'm not 100% sure so this one could be risky.
59.What's your sign?
cancer sun, virgo moon, and taurus rising! if you like sidereal then it's cancer sun, leo moon, aries rising!
60. Would you like anything from The Pickety Witch? (I'm going to the Vegas Oddities and Curiosities Expo next weekend, and she's vending there, so it may not matter if an item is in stock or not on the website!) https://www.thepicketywitch.com/
i would accept any pin you think i'd like! or a plushie!
61. so these nail polishes keep showing up on my instagram and they are kinda vampy--do you wear polish and do any of these float your boat? NOTE I have never worn Holo Taco stuff so cannot vouch for quality just the vibes are super witchy 🙂 https://www.holotaco.com/collections/dark-rainbow-collection
i used to love watching her youtube videos! i like Lost in the Woods and Burnt Bridges!
62. I have another new question! Favorite bands/artists? Perhaps you'd be interested in a DIY patch to sew onto your jacket/pants/bag or maybe pins or a sticker or anything DIY-ish?
maybe something spider, cow or goat, related?
63. oooh I am reviewing my switch witch help answers from 2017 and was reminded of Lush--there used to be a big Lushie/BPALista crossover at one point. Is that still the case? If so dearest pumpkin are you a Lushie? Is there anything from Lush you are coveting? Their halloweenie stuff is out here: https://www.lushusa.com/halloween/?cgid=halloween&pmid=604&start=0&sz=28
yes always to all things lush. i love this whole collection.
64. Because clothing sizing is so notoriously random &&& my idea of cute may be entirely different from your cute... sock dreams? yea or nay? Anything in particular catch your eyes?
all of these socks are fabulous but as a sock knitter I definitely don't need more socks hahaha
65. I have been buying soap from https://rockytopsoap.com for at least a decade as they are unscented and less likely to affect which perfume I pull out.... I realize they are not colored and swirly and as pretty but they tend to be super hydrating and luxurious. Do you have any interest in these?
oooohhh i love this! I will definitely be checking these out myself. The MSM, Dead Sea Mud, one and the Pumpkin one look most interesting to me.
66. Nocturne Alchemy just dropped their Halloween 2022 limited collection! I am popping in here to see if anything would strike the fancy of my pumpkin? 😁
i've never smelled NAVA and i'm totally overwhelmed with the amount and all the different notes BUT the scents that caught my eye were: Bewitched, Conversations with the Moon, and both of the 2022 Fall Cotton Candies!
67. Here's a question... there's sooooooo many on here about tea but for my fellow coffee gals... do you prefer whole bean or ground?? if there's a choice how do you like your coffee ground??
ground! i like coffee but my partner is a BIG coffee drinker
68. Look at Cat Coven's site and tell me what you see that appeals - she is one of my favorite Halloweeny artists, and makes awesome things. I like supporting her work.
oh wow, i like so many things! i love the "halloween is a lifestyle" bumper magnet, the Vulnerability Fine Art Print, Queer As Hell Sticker, Art Witch Sticker, and the Gaaaaaaay!!! Embroidered Patch lol
and side note i ended up backing her kickstarter, love the whole collection! totally my style!
69. Are you interested in any art supplies? If so, what kinds and colours?
I will always take watercolors, alcohol ink markers, or nice watercolor/mixed media paper!
70. What are your fave smells for incense, and do you have a preference for format (cones, stick, loose without needing charcoal, loose that needs charcoal)?
i love a classic nag champa, Fizzy Pop, and Fairy Dust from Wild Berry Incense. I like all the incense formats! I have all the various burning tools.
71. Anything catch your eye from this super cool queer creepy-cute style UK artist? https://www.abprallen.co.uk/
i love the Join My Gay Cult, Satan Respects Pronouns, and the Heteronormativity Is A Plague pins.
72. Pls say more about your book preferences if you haven't already! Esp. regarding fiction.
Horror is my favorite genre with mysteries and romance in the 2 and 3 spots.