Ketchup? How about tobasco sauce?
1) Do you like s'mores and s'mores-flavored things?
S'mores YES. I've done six years at sleepaway camp, I am a s'mores PRO. S'mores-flavored things...depends.
2) What's the neatest freebie you've gotten? It can be cool or thoughtful or just totally unexpected, and not limited to BPALdom.
Hmmm...I would say the BPALista who frottled me a bottle of Agape. I'd never smelled it, I had no idea she was sending it to me, and it's ended up being one of my favorite blends.
3) Would you enjoy receiving cute but useful items like colorful kitchen utensils/gadgets, or bento supplies? (boxes, chopsticks, accessories, etc?) What about things like spice mixes (homemade, or Penzey's for example)?
OMG YES YES YES YES YES PLEASE YES. I'm currently trying to actually have akitchen? My roommate has a lot of the stuff we need, but I want my very ownthings too:
A set of paring knives.
One large blue butcher knife.
Two bamboo cutting boards.
A set of two blue slotted spoons and one blue spatula.
I also have one jar of cardamom that's mine. SEND HELP.
Bonus points if any kitchen stuff is rooster-themed.
All I ask is that if there are spices (omg yes please) that they be gluten-free. My roommate and I cook together a lot and I don't want to make her sick.
4) Do you like cute, seasonal or fluffy PJ bottoms? Like they sell at Target, Old Navy (they have had cute Halloween ones!) If so, what size do youwear?
Yes. Yes I do. I usually wear an XXL. Fluffy or the really soft jersey cotton are my favorites.
5) What kind of chocolate do you like? Nuts, no nuts, white,dark, etc?
Where is the "ANY" ticky box?
6) I live near a Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and Penzeys! What does your little heart desire from any or all of these places?
Whole Foods: any sort of interesting teas, herbs, good bar soaps, good chocolate...okay, basically, anything.
Trader Joe's: same idea. I tend to go nuts over the board at TJ's, but thatdoesn't ship all that well.
Penzeys: I've never had any of their spices! But I am currently in the market for pretty much any spice. I especially love whole spices...my BFF just bought me a mortar and pestle, and I am dying to get all kitchen witch up in here.
7) Are home made foods acceptable or does the idea of eating strange mailed food disturb you?
Starving college student here. I am not even remotely going to turn down homemade food. Except things with olives.
8) I just gave you $20 and sent you into a "has everything" store ala Walmart and told you that you have to come out having spent it all, and none of it on anything you need. What would you buy? Be as specific as possible!
I would buy...the big pack of Sharpies because I LOVE Sharpies and I just can't bring myself to drop the money for the big pack. And probably a trashy romance novel.
9) What kind of cuisines do you like? (I mentioned this in my ?aire but curious what my witch may like) And, what are your favorite restaurants?
I like everything. Last week I had: pad thai, tortilla soup, pizza and homemade mac and cheese for our dinners. Favorite restaurants? Chain-wise, On The Border, Macaroni Grill. Otherwise I generally like exploring smaller local restaurants. Portside Inn here in MQT is by far my favorite.
10) I'm from Canada - is there anything specifically a witchee might likethat is only available here?
If someone happened to be near Toronto and HAPPENED to go to the HHoF and HAPPENED to find Carolina Hurricanes merchandise...I wouldn't turn it down. (I am a HUGE Canes fan)
11) What are your "fandoms" and would you like a t-shirt fromTeeFury if an appropriate one came up?
Hmm...besides hockey? A Song of Ice and Fire (We named our fish Tully, for god's sake), Once Upon A Time, Labyrinth, Princess Bride...any classic eighties fantasy movies, really. I also really love nerdy science jokes, any sort of pretty artistic design. I'm not much on shock-value shirts, though. And yes! I love t-shirts!
12) Do you have an eReader and if so which one?
I have a Nook simple touch.
13) Do you like candles, or tart burners, or something? If so, what's yourfavorite scent to burn?
I have the most sickeningly precious teapot-shaped tart burner and I LOVEtarts. My FAVORITE tart is the lemon-lavender Yankee Candle one, but I like alot of different scents. Just not foody scents.
14) If you get me (or a fellow Aussie, if there are any playing this round)as a witch or witch's minion, would you like to try some Australianspecialties, such as TimTams (delicious chocolately cookies), Caramello Koalas (koala shaped chocolates filled with gloopy caramel), Australian native spices or anything like that?
Absolutely! I've had Aussie snacks before and they've been great.
15) If your witch is a knitter, crocheter or sewer, is there a particulartype of garment you would love to receive (hat, scarf, wrap, cowl, socks,fingerless gloves, arm warmers etc)?
Anything! But really warm hats, gloves, scarves, etc, would be great! Or wrapsthat you can cover your face with. The winters up here are vicious (don't getme wrong, I'm excited, but they're long and they're cooold.)
16) Is there anyone else in your house (kids, pets, partner) that wouldreally appreciate a small gift being included for them in the switchwitchy haulso they don't feel left out?
I have a roommate! She would probably be thrilled. But you don't have to, weshare most of our things anyway.
Not sure if want.
18) Would you be interested in washable/reusable muslin "paper"towels (basically muslin squares hemmed around the edge)?
Yes! That would be awesome.
19) Do you drink alcohol and if so, would you be OK with your witch sendingyou homemade infused vodka?
Hell. Yes. Especially if it's something like peaches (ermahgerd!) or cherries(cherry vodka and Coke is one of my favorite too-lazy-to-get-fancy mixeddrinks) or blueberries or SKITTLES. I've heard about Skittle vodka and OMG.
20) How would you feel about a taste of (insert witch location here) box?
Sure! Especially if you live someplace I want to visit or have been.
21) Since it's been mentioned several times, and I've also offered to nachowitch some, would you you like to receive wild rice and or maple syrup? Ipromise to include recipe ideas with the wild rice.
Yes to both. That sounds really neat.
22) I have 5 bushels of tomatoes sitting in the kitchen right now that aresupposed to turn into red sauce tomorrow, so would anyone like a basic redsauce (spaghetti sauce) to make its way to them?
Ooooh, sure. We are partial to any kind of red sauce in this household.
23) Would you be interested in having a bat adopted in your name?
Dude, I love bats. That would be sweet.
24) If you could have an image or certain subject painted for you on anytype of "canvas" (on a box, on paper, on a canvas, and so on) - couldyou point your witch to some of these images?
Freyja. Runic designs (I am especially partial to Dagaz, Gebo and Kenaz).Fairies. The North--the Great Lakes, coniferous trees, etc. Snow. The northernlights. Kitchen witchery. ROOSTERS.
25) Is there a GC scent that's been on your list for ages but keeps fallingoff the bottom of your order because of the LEs?
Titania and Snake Oil.
26) I've been getting into indie nail polish brands recently. What's yourfavorite indie brand of nail polish? Or what's your favorite mainstream brandof nail polish? Or are you not big on polish?
I like Zoya.
27) Stuffed things: yea or nay?
Yay. Plush microbes and Build-A-Bear and handmade is where it's at for me.
28) Mix-in-a-jar? How to you feel about cookie or cake or soup mixes thatcome in jars and you just add, like, an egg or water or what have you?
Yes, if they're gluten-free and MSG-free.
29) Are there any crafts/skills you've wanted to learn but haven't gottenaround to? And if so, would you be interested in supplies and tutorials?
I would like to learn how to sew on a machine--I can sew by hand, but machines,not so much. And how to piece together a pattern and things like that.
30) Who here would be happy to get a lil' sumthin sumthin from Adagio Teas?
ME. I love Adagio, I've been a customer for years. My supply is actually sadlydepleted right now, as in what tea I HAVE is back in North Carolina. I'm ahuuuge fan of their masala chai and oh my dear god they have a spiced applechai? WANT. Ahem. What was I saying?
31) Do you Ravelry? And if so, what's your handle over there? Would you beinterested in gift patterns from your queue?
I...have an account but rarely log in.
32) I live near this very cool Retro store(retrodrygoods.com) (you can order online too) - are there things from it thatwould make you squee if your witch sent them?
Love the sassy Anne Taintor stuff.
33) Who likes Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses?
Never had 'em.
34) What does your kitchen look like? Colors/style?
Apartment kitchen! Eggshell walls, lovely blonde cabinets, vaguely taupecounters. But my roommate and I are combatting the overall lack of personality with ROOSTERS. I have this fabulously tacky rooster sculpture and a beautiful metal rooster wall clock, and we're planning to make a rooster-shaped chalkboard, and there may one day be rooster paintings and rooster cannisters...
35) Witch, what are your favorite quotes?
This is hard to answer. Generally if I have to provide a quote for something inspirational, it's this:
"The heart may be tiny
but the world's enormous.
The world may be tiny
but the heart's enormous."
Which is a pair of couplets from Shu Ting's "Fairytales."
36) Put your iPod/MP3 player/what-have-you on random and list the first 10 songs it plays!
"It's Mutated" - Contagion soundtrack.
"Middledistancerunner" - Chicane feat. Adam Young
"Let It Grow" - The Lorax soundtrack
"Supergirl" - Kate Miller-Heidke
"Brave Face" - Delta Goodrem
"Mission" - Leahy
"Besides" - Gui Boratto
"Theresa Prelude" - Citizen Cope
"Audrey" - Dave Brubeck
"Momentum" - Vienna Teng
37) What's one random thingyou really like and one random thing you really dislike?
Random Thing I Like: sunflower seeds, still in the shell.
Random Thing I Dislike: the movie "My Best Friend's Wedding" (greatsoundtrack though!).
38) Are there any herbs thatyou haven't been able to lay hands on that I could send you? There's an herbalshop I really like here in NYC called Flower Power (flowerpower.net) that has quite a wide selection.
Um, to be more specific, I have very few herbs, and I would LOVE some wholeherbs, especially since my BFF just got me a mortar and pestle (!!!). But if Ihad to list specifics--rose petals, rose water, cinnamon, cardamom seed, elderflowers and frankincense (not technically an herb, but I love the stuff).
39) If there are no"witchy" shops near you, is there anything I can pick up for you from Enchantments?
I'm not sure? I don't really have a ton of witchy stuff--I don't really USE alot. My altar is kind of my windowsill right now, and it's mostly gotnatural-type things and bottles. But I love having herbs and they're somethingI use a lot. And candles. I like candles.
40) Hey Witchee! I want tosend you a delivery. It could be cupcakes from a local bakery, it could be asinging hugging bear-a-gram, it could be a bouquet of flowers. But it will besomething that you need to be there to receive.
A) Are you OK with "special deliveries"? *waggleseyebrows*
Is the address in your questionnaire the best place toreach you for said deliveries?
C) If the deliveryrequires a phone number (as say, some florists do) would you be OK with thatinformation being tracked down by your Witch or asked of you anonymously?
A) Sure. Not so much on the singing hugging bear-a-gram, but flowers, cupcakes?Yeah.