Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
stellamaris

Can Somebody with a Good Nose help me?

There is a very prominent note that exists both in The Wretched Rose Window (a Weenie from 12?) and Stardust from last years Yules. In Wretched Rose Window it's slightly less prominent than the rose, but it's right out front in Stardust. I can't figure it out because TWR does not have an "ingredient list" just a spooky description.

This note is very plush and rich, and smells exactly like something in a Jurlique cream I used to use. It feels old-timey to me, I have no clue what it is and would love to ID it so I will be able to pounce on anything else with it.

I am hoping one of you people who write those amazing detailed reviews completely unlike mine (which read either Good! Stella like perfume! It smells like win! or Bleech WTF is this fresh hell in a bottle) can help me...please????

There's tuberose in Stardust, and I'm placing a bet it's that. Tuberose is a very heady, almost narcotic "white" floral that smells very strong (and yes, old-timey), along the lines of a more intense, deeper and sweeter gardenia.

At least one reviewer got white sandalwood from WRW, and it is a listed note in Stardust.

I think the richness of the florals are the most prominent, but white sandalwood can add to the powdery-ness, making it smell more "old fashioned" or soapy to some people.

Fallen, Half-Elf, and Kuang Shi are others that mention white sandalwood specifically.

I know the smell you are talking about because I had The Wretched Rose Window and idk but for some reason Le Revenant and Ghosts In Love have that smell. Not completely identical but that same "vintage old timey" thing going on and a little like it.

The Raven is on my list as well. Because it also has that vintage smell to my nose.

Edited by Haltija

Sign in to follow this