Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
puck_nc

Event Horizon Claw Polish

GLITTER-SHOT CRÈME
Crushed starlight, lost forever in the blue-black.

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: This was the one I hesitated on the longest as I don't often wear black nail polish and I already have an "Event Horizon" polish from an Etsy vendor that is black with rainbow glitter. But I finally tossed one in.

In the Bottle: Inky black with a subtle silver glitter to it.

One coat: Depending on how skillfully one can apply a very thin coat, it's smoky black and almost opaque with a subtle glitter pattern.

26391_900.jpg

Two coats: Shiny black. The glitter remains a subtle pattern to the polish rather than being super glittery.

Verdict: I may find a better home for this one. I need to decide how often I'm actually going to go with black polish.

UGH. Event Horizon. I really picked this up because I love the name. Also, mr. zee_zee is obsessed with black holes. No joke.

Event Horizon is a true inky black. The first coat went on a little purpley. The second coat brought out the true black and the supertiny silver microglitter. I am really digging the silver microglitter in this black polish. Not enough to draw attention to itself, but enough to sort of perk up the black and keep it from being one-dimensional.

The formula was thinner, almost watery, compared to the formula of Temple of Dreams. It covered and spread great though.