Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
lizzieborden

GAP's Dream

Before BPAL discovery, I wore GAP's dream and GAP's dream alone. I still wear it occasionally because I'm in love with the shimmer cream stuff and the body mist isn't too chemical. I have absolutely no idea what its sposed to smell like, other than very fresh floral, crisp. After wearing all these dark, sexy BPAL scents, it's what makes me feel innocent and normal again.

If any of you have sniffered this at the mall, any idea what would match? Something with the richer, more long-lastingness of BPAL?

Hey, Lizzie, I used to love that one too.

I couldn't find much about it but this: Dream is a mix of white freesia, orange flower, and pure cloud.

well ... hm ... dunno about the pure cloud ...

but Beth has a Freesia single note. According to my Search results, it's not used in any blends, but what's not to like about freesia?

Orange flower=orange blossom=neroli - out of 16 perfumes with neroli, my bet would be Naiad, Phantasm, or Zephyr - based on reading the descriptions, haven't tried the scents.

Good luck, let us know what you find!

Edited by Fulltiltredhead

Orange flower=orange blossom=neroli - out of 16 perfumes with neroli, my bet would be Naiad, Phantasm, or Zephyr - based on reading the descriptions, haven't tried the scents.

I've seen a couple of folks say orange blossom and neroli are the same thing, but they're listed as separate single notes. Anyone know the difference?

Phantasm is very decidedly lemon, so that might not be the best bet for a match. The main thing I smelled in Zephyr is white musk... so Naiad might be closest.

there's a reason why they're listed as seperate notes - Neroli is the flower of the Bitter Orange tree, while Orange Blossom is the flower of the orange we eat, the sweet orange. two different blossoms from two different plants.

I also noticed that at least to my nose, Gap's Dream (I own a bottle, too, but it's been ages since I've worn it. too sweet for me) smells very similar to Aqua de Gio (Armani). anyone else noticed that or is it just me?

Sign in to follow this