Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Jensen

I want to smell like Pukka Face Oil

Alright all of you experienced bpal lovelies, help a girl out... I am head-over-heels for the (sadly-now-discontinued) Pukka Firming Face Oil. It's not all about the lovely results on my skin either. The scent of this stuff is so beautiful! I would love to find a bpal oil to wear that smelled similar. Just to clarify, I am not looking to use it as an oil for my face, but a scent.

So if any of you are familiar with the Pukka Face Oil, and have a suggestion, please share. Thanks in advance!

Here's a link to the Pukka Face Oil ingredients.

Alright all of you experienced bpal lovelies, help a girl out... I am head-over-heels for the (sadly-now-discontinued) Pukka Firming Face Oil. It's not all about the lovely results on my skin either. The scent of this stuff is so beautiful! I would love to find a bpal oil to wear that smelled similar. Just to clarify, I am not looking to use it as an oil for my face, but a scent.

So if any of you are familiar with the Pukka Face Oil, and have a suggestion, please share. Thanks in advance!

Here's a link to the Pukka Face Oil ingredients.

Hmm....is it pretty floral smelling with a green edge? (I'm guessing at that from the neroli and petitgrain ingredients, which look likes the ones that would be most of the scent.) There are several good BPAL scents like that....one that comes to mind right away is Vixen.

I've got to say, though, that stuff sounds fabulous! Too bad you can't get it anymore!

Hmm....is it pretty floral smelling with a green edge? (I'm guessing at that from the neroli and petitgrain ingredients, which look likes the ones that would be most of the scent.) There are several good BPAL scents like that....one that comes to mind right away is Vixen.

I've got to say, though, that stuff sounds fabulous! Too bad you can't get it anymore!

I don't usually like florals, and I am sadly lacking when it comes to describing scents, I am sure. I know the neroli is there, and yes, a green edge, that is a good description. It's so clean and maybe herby??? Fresh, but not aquatic or floral (in at least my experience with florals). Fresh like Philosophy's Amazing Grace used to be, but it doesn't smell similar at all - there's just an essence of cleanliness. See, I am horrid at describing scents, though I have been scent-obsessed my whole life.

I am certain I have an imp of Vixen. I'll pull it out and compare. Thanks for the suggestion!

And yes, if you find a bottle, give it a try. It does gorgeous stuff for skin. :)

Gilman House Hotel leaps to mind, though there is a slightly sinister edge to that that you may not like. But I get a very sharp, sappy, and slightly floral green scent.

I like sinister, so that would probably be right up my alley! Thanks so much for the recommendation. I will be looking into that one tonight :)

Oh my - I have to wonder if my gifted imp of Vixen was mislabeled. It smells identical to Snake Oil on me. Identical. Strange.

For anyone who finds this post and is like "yeah, I want to smell like that too" ;) I wanted to say that Passion Butterfly starts out insanely similar to the Pukka Face Oil. Dry it barely resembles it, but for a moment when I first apply it, I get that green gorgeous scent. I wish it stayed. I wonder if that's the petitgrain? Whatever it is it makes me swoon! I am off to search for similar blends, so any recs are welcome!

Oh my - I have to wonder if my gifted imp of Vixen was mislabeled. It smells identical to Snake Oil on me. Identical. Strange.

No, definitely not mislabeled. Vixen is very dark and orange-smelling. Heavy patchouli, ginger, and orange blossom, an incense-y, hot, and sticky sweet scent, not at all like something mainly neroli and petitgrain. I think maybe cuervosueno confused Vixen with something else.

I'd say, just check out all the petitgrain blends, although there don't seem to be many. And none that combine petitgrain and neroli. I mostly see petitgrain as a component in complex scents, not necessarily fresh and green scents, neither.

Looks like there's a Halloween LE from 2012, that has both neroli and petitgrain, but also warm pumpkin and sweet fruit and candy:

Orange Pumpkin Floss (Pumpkin candyfloss with neroli, pink grapefruit, blood orange, and petitgrain.)

Orange Pumpkin Floss (Pumpkin candyfloss with neroli, pink grapefruit, blood orange, and petitgrain.)

Thanks for the reply and suggestions. Orange Pumpkin Floss sounds lovely! I like all the notes listed and am craving grapefruit scents lately. I'll have to check the sales/swaps to give it a go.

Sign in to follow this