Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
2dogslong

Gio by Armani?

Does anyone remember Gio by Armani? (the one for women) According to my Google search, it came out in 1992. I LOVED it and it has been discontinued for awhile. Mind you, it is not Acqua di Gio (also by Armani) that I am talking about, just “Gio”. A fellow Gio lover described it this way: “Gio, once warmed by the skin...is inviting, comforting and as dreamy as they come. The amber notes paired with creamy florals warm the subtle fruity undertones. The experience that came to mind was similar to that as a soporific embrace in a luxurious cashmere sweater while listening to Vivaldi in a garden at night, midsummer. It is harmonious, elegant, romantic, soothing, yet cradles you with the warmth of flowers that are still modestly radiating heat from a cloud free afternoon. Sensually stimulating yet, unimposing. It entwines without asphixiating the person present. It is a simple and unique pleasure that shall remain fondly remembered, once upon a time.”

I am going to be ordering some imps soon…based on the above description, does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks :D

[/font][/font]

Although that description is lovely, I found the notes online. It should help with finding similarities.

Top: Tangerine, peach, rosewood.

Heart: White flowers, gardenia, tuberose.

Base: Vanilla, sandalwood and amber.

Might need to layer to get something similar.

Glancing at that I immediately thought of Haloes (Oak, tonka, vanilla, white sandalwood, lily of the valley, white ginger, amber, and apricot). It's a fruity floral (I guess I'd say heavier on the fruit) with very similar, warm basenotes.

I think Fallen (Cherubic white sandalwood and golden musk with a dark halo of amber, a breath of imperial florals, unbending woods, and the shadow cast by vetiver and violet) might be deeper than what you're looking for with the vetiver and violet, but the amber/floral combo is definitely strong in this one.

Aglaea (Three golden ambers, bright musk, peach wine and myrtle) might be good for layering with a heavy white floral. Same goes for Tamora (Amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean).

I think Haloes would be the closest to what you want on its own. It does have a slight bite initially thanks to the ginger, but it dries down to something more subtle and inviting like you're after. Hope that helps!

Sign in to follow this