Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
MCS4096

Temple of Bast

I have yet to use this oil in any practical way, so I cant yet review it in that regard, but I wanted to comment on the scent of the blend for anyone who may be interested.

This smells like straight cinnamon oil to me. The kind you buy for candy making that is dry, hot, and almost has a slightly woody component. I applied a small dot to my skin just to see if any other notes would reveal themselves, but I continued to smell only cinnamon. It had low throw and short duration. Cinnamon is considered a symbol of Bast, which I personally think is appropriate since cats' fur always smells a little dry and spicy to me, but I guess I was still expecting a little more dimension. As such, I doubt many will be interested in using this as anything but a ritual blend.

I have had a skin reaction to a few bpals in my time, but it generally depends where they are applied, and this one applied on the back of my hand did not result in burning for me.

I plan to use this oil on candles and at the foot of a statue of Bast I have set up in my altar/shrine for my deceased cats.