Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
doomsday_disco

Miskatonic University Candle

The scent of Irish coffee, dusty tomes and polished oakwood halls.

No reviews for this one yet!? :eek: I suppose I should remedy that!

I have tried several of the BPTP candles, and so far, this is the one with the best throw. It's one of those candles that you will get a whiff of as you are walking by, even when it is not lit. When it is lit, the scent has decent throw. I can smell it across the room.

I have never tried the perfume oil, so I cannot compare the candle to the perfume. That said, the candle is a very sweet coffee blend. I don't really get much of the 'oakwood halls' from it. I really like the scent, and the boy loves it! He thinks I should buy four of these at a time. :eek: I bought one for my mum for her birthday, and she really likes it as well!

This is one of the best BPTP candles I have tried thus far. I will definitely be ordering more in the future!

*edited over a year later to add*

Miskatonic University is my most repurchased candle, because it is the boy's favorite scent, and because of its throw. This candle will scent half of my apartment, so it wins the award for BPTP Candle With Most Throw.

Since writing my initial review, I have purchased a bottle of the perfume oil for the boy. It also has huge throw, and though I don't really get much of the oakwood halls when he wears it, I notice the dusty tomes more in the perfume oil than the candle.

Edited by dementia_divine

This is the candle we use in our gaming room (which was incidentally the first room in our house to have furniture set up). I initially bought it for that room because of the delightfully geeky connotations, but we have fallen in love with the gorgeous scent.

I mostly get warm, sweet coffee from it. Like dementia_divine I don't pick up too much in the way of the oakwood halls, but I don't mind because it smells amazing and has great throw. It makes the whole room smell delicious, warm and inviting. It's an excellent complement to the shenanigans we get up up to while gaming in that room. I'm glad it's not limited edition because we'll be needing a regular supply of this in our house.