Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab's Dragon*Con Exclusives!

bpal_bakunawa.jpg

+ BPAL DRAGON*CON EXCLUSIVES: DRAGONFIRE AND MOONLIGHT

BAKUNAWA

Ang bulan namon sang una, sang una

Guin ka-on sang bakunawa

Malo-oy ka man, i-uli, i-uli

Korona sang amon hari.

In the far-flung mists of time, long before man walked the earth, Batala, the Omnipotent Creator, set seven moons in the sky. The radiant dance of the moons enchanted the bakunawa, dread serpents of the oceans. In thrall to their gluttony and longing, the bakunawa rose out of the depths of the sea to swallow the moons whole.

Hypnotic, luminous lunar herbs and blossoms radiating forth from a blend of midnight musk, jungle orchids, oakmoss, and palm.

CUÉLEBRE

Fond of gold, fattened cattle, and the company of the fae Xana, these indolent, slothful dragons only venture forth from their caves when tempted by food, treasure, or vengeance.

Blood red pomegranate juice, gleaming leather, black myrrh, saffron, Spanish juniper, Apple of Cain, and green cognac.

LINDWORM

Signelil sits in her bower alone,

Of her golden harp she waked the tone.

Beneath her mantle her harp she played,

Then in came striding the worm so laid.

"Proud Signelil, if thou me wilt wed,

I'll give thee store of gold so red."

"Forbid the heavenly God so great

That I should become the Lindworm's mate."

"Since thee I may not for a wife acquire,

Kiss me only and I'll retire."

The linen so white betwixt she placed,

And the laidly worm she kissed in haste.

With his tail of serpent up strook he,

From beneath her dress the blood ran free.

The Lindworm down from the chamber strode,

Wringing her hands behind she trode.

And when she came out upon the stair

Her seven bold brothers met her there.

"Welcome our sister, whither dost hie?

Keep'st thou the Lindworm company?"

"Ah, yes! with the laidly worm I go,

Because hard fate will have it so."

The Lindworm into the mountain strode,

Wringing her hands behind she trode.

She fell on her knee, and her prayer she made,

"Now son of Mary deign to aid."

And when he had come to the mountain in,

Off he cast his serpent's skin.

His snake's appearance off he shook,

And the form of a stately knight he took.

"Thanks for thy trouble, proud Signelil,

Now live and die with thee I will."

Now is proud Signild free from fright,

In a prince's arm she sleeps each night.

Smoky green leather smeared with crushed grasses and wild herbs.

ZMEY GORYNYCH

The Zmey Gorynych were dragons of unimaginable wealth and phenomenal strength that were skilled in ancient and potent magics, and possessed of profound wisdom. These lusty, gregarious, virile dragons loved to couple with beautiful humans, and as such, they were the fathers and mothers of many of Russia’s great heroes.

A robust, lewd, and powerful blend of daemonorops resin, red musk, amber incense, galbanum, frankincense, and creaking leather that has dusted with gold and limned with tunda frost.

The label artwork for our dragons was created by Julie Dillon!

++ DRAGON*CON SINGLE NOTE: GEORGIA’S STATE FLOWER

CHEROKEE ROSE SINGLE NOTE

Following the Indian Removal Act of 1830, the Choctaw, Seminole, Muscogee, Chickasaw, and Cherokee tribes were driven from their homes, prompted in part by the Georgia Gold Rush. This forced westward emigration was rife with grief, suffering, and tremendous hardship, and resulted in the deaths of thousands upon thousands of Native Americans.

In their sorrow, the Cherokee called upon Unetlanvhi, the Great Spirit, to give strength, succor, and comfort to their people. Whenever a mother’s tear fell upon the ground, the Creator gave life to a five-petaled white rose. In the center of each blossom, the Great Spirit placed a gold coin, symbol of the white man’s greed. Each flowering stem sprouted seven leaflets, one for each Cherokee clan. The roses were strong, beautiful, and prolific, and spread quickly along the Trail of Tears, reaching far and wide to reclaim some of the Cherokee’s lost homeland. The thorns on the stem served to defend the rose, protecting it against those who would try to move it, and symbolized the Great Spirit’s safeguarding of the Cherokee people. As the clans saw the roses spread, they felt Unetlanvhi’s love and strength, and knew that they would survive and flourish in the new Cherokee Nation.

Cherokee Rose will be available at Dragon*Con while supplies last. If we have remaining stock, they will go live on the Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab site a little while after we return from the Con.

Proceeds from every single bottle sold will go to the Native American Youth and Family Center.

Some of the upcoming Halloween blends may be available for purchase at Dragon*Con (based on availability!) along with previews of the imminent Black Phoenix Airship Fleet and Submersible Flotilla scents -- manufactured by Phoenix Steamworks! We will have the bulk of our general catalogue, plus Harvest Moon, the three Blue Moons, a smattering of Single Notes, and a few surprises. The Cherokee Rose Single Note is $24, and each of the Dragons are $23.