Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
symbiosis

New Twists on Old Favorites?

So I'm looking for some new smells to try! I have some old favorites but I'm looking to branch out into some new things. Here are my current favorites, in no particular order:

Perversion

Embalming Fluid

Lear

Mage

Envy

Shanghai

Mouse's Long and Sad Tale

I want something that isn't too citrusy (like Envy, Shanghai, etc) and doesn't have vanilla in it. I'm not big into sweet, fruity, or floral scents. Rose and Lily of any kind smell especially terrible on me.

Cedar tends to go powdery on me unless it's a variant of some kind (like the white cedarwood in Lear.)

Thanks for the suggestions! Hope that isn't too constricting :/

Edited by symbiosis

So I'm looking for some new smells to try! I have some old favorites but I'm looking to branch out into some new things. Here are my current favorites, in no particular order:

Perversion

Embalming Fluid

Lear

Mage

Envy

Shanghai

Mouse's Long and Sad Tale

I want something that isn't too citrusy (like Envy, Shanghai, etc) and doesn't have vanilla in it. I'm not big into sweet, fruity, or floral scents. Rose and Lily of any kind smell especially terrible on me.

Cedar tends to go powdery on me unless it's a variant of some kind (like the white cedarwood in Lear.)

Thanks for the suggestions! Hope that isn't too constricting :/

I was just reading reviews of Herbert West that say it's quite similar to Embalming Fluid ("embalming fluid" is listed in the notes). You might also like Ehecatl if you like Embalming Fluid and Shanghai, although it's pretty citrussy.

Maybe try another coconut scent if you like Perversion--Elegba, Eden, Obatala, or Body, Remember?

I think if you like Mouse's LAST perhaps you'd like Aeval, which also has quite a bit of sweet pea. Have you tried Morocco?

If you can wear rosewood (it doesn't behave like rose on my skin) and like the leather and tonka in Perversion, you might like Dee (soft English leather, rosewood and tonka with a hint of incense, parchment and soft woods).

I'm thinking you should try Ehecatl, Zephyr and Old Scratch. Also, have you tried Coyote? It's a sweet skin musk in a similar vein to MLST. Sudha Segara is another possibility.

Another one I think you might like is Ozymandias.

I was just reading reviews of Herbert West that say it's quite similar to Embalming Fluid ("embalming fluid" is listed in the notes). You might also like Ehecatl if you like Embalming Fluid and Shanghai, although it's pretty citrussy.

Maybe try another coconut scent if you like Perversion--Elegba, Eden, Obatala, or Body, Remember?

I think if you like Mouse's LAST perhaps you'd like Aeval, which also has quite a bit of sweet pea. Have you tried Morocco?

Herbert West sounds nice - I'll have to look up the notes and see what the aftershave bit smells like. I've smelled some really nice and some really bad aftershave in my life! :D Aeval sounds lovely with the sage and musks - I will definitely be getting an imp of that! I believe I also tried Morocco once but it was just a little too dry on me? Thanks for the good suggestions, I have lots to work with here!

If you can wear rosewood (it doesn't behave like rose on my skin) and like the leather and tonka in Perversion, you might like Dee (soft English leather, rosewood and tonka with a hint of incense, parchment and soft woods).

Oohh, I will try that. I'm not sure if I've tried rosewood yet, but it sounds appealing! (And it doesn't seem to behave like rose in the reviews I've read.) Dee sounds lovely!

I'm thinking you should try Ehecatl, Zephyr and Old Scratch. Also, have you tried Coyote? It's a sweet skin musk in a similar vein to MLST. Sudha Segara is another possibility.

Another one I think you might like is Ozymandias.

Mmm, Zephr is marked on my list of to-buy now, as is Old Scratch! I haven't tried Coyote either, and I love sweet musks. Great suggestions, thanks!!

Sign in to follow this