Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
cosmoblue

Looking for Recs Like Cobalt Blends

I have pretty much given up on finding any bottles/sample vials of Cobalt Blends oils though I have been DISO Cobalt Blends Displaced Princess and Solstice Aurora for a few years now. BPAL must have something similar to these.

The descriptions are:

Displaced Princess - Delicate and wistful, light yet seductive. Ylang ylang extra, amber, sugar cubes and vetiver.

Solstice Aurora - Sparkling green tea with radiant glimmers of violet candy and a frisson of linden lightly blended over a plush blanket of creamy snow. Serendipitous and subtly intoxicating.

I haven't smelled either of those Cobalt Blends, but here are a couple suggestions that came to mind.

For the first, it sounds like a sweet white floral with a bit of a resinous edge? I'd reccommend:

Lamia (Neverwhere)Deadly elegance: pale orchid, vanilla amber, black currant, white peach, champaca, coconut, Arabian myrrh, Burmese vetiver, and oude.

La Petite Mort (General Catalogue)The scent of warm, damp skin flushed with the glow of passion, touched by the luxuriant potency of ylang ylang and myrrh.

For the second - light, clean, creamy?

Green Tree Viper (Carnaval Diabolique)Snake Oil with four mints, bergamot, and green tea.

Candles Moon 2012 (Lunacy)Moonlight shining on the Quickening Tree, the heat and wax of sacred candles, the milk of ewes, Brigid's blackberry, the sting of keening wind, and the last flutter of the Cailleach's winter snow.

And one that seems like it might be a good compromise between the two:

Moonshine and Mist (General Catalogue)Ethereal, otherworldly, delicate: ambergris, white musk, water violet, ylang ylang, magnolia, and white sandalwood.

Hope this gives you some ideas! I am sure there are more that would be similar, but it's a start :) 

Lamia sounds like one worth trying. La Petite Mort doesn't really have the same feel to it. Candles Moon sounds like at good try, but trying to get a hold of enough of a lunacy sounds like it would be either expensive or challenging and that it worrisome. I do want to try Moonshine and Mist though I don't think I've tried anything with ambergris yet.

My favorite thing about the Solstice Aurora is that it is cool it is like early in the morning on the first day of spring.

I just tried Brusque Violet at will call and it was really similar to Solstice Aurora. It isn't as green or as bright but it is cold and violet and really nice.

Sign in to follow this