Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
cinnamonster

A first date kind of scent?

I think you should wear what YOU like best!! If the guy is going to judge you by the first sniff, in a negative way, then he shouldn't be worth your time!!

I totally agree in principle, and thank you for your support! I am also very sensitive to smells I don't like on other people, I suppose I just don't want to make him uncomfortable. Mind you, people say I am exceptionally sensitive..so maybe you're right. I asked him what kind of smells he liked, he said there were perfumes he liked but had no idea what they were! Oh and to just wear my favourite.

I don't have a favourite though (maybe Antique Lace but that drop's for hoarding lol), or I wouldn't have umpteenmiliion bottles. So damn what he likes, just help me pick? That's more empowered huh :P

I was asked for a list...oh boy...here it is(no particular order-I'd be here all night!* on possibles considered thus far):

Gaueko

Death/young maiden

Glukupikros

The Pool of Tears (though this is way too CLEAN for a date methinks)

Dia

Tattered Lace

Glittering Apple

Black Pearl*

Shadowy and Sublime

White Choc/Sugared Violets

Sonnet D'Automne

Nymphia

Two Loves

Anactoria

Nocturnal reverie

Boo

Quietude

Summer Summoning

KNecht ruprecht

Lucretia

Black Moon

Faith

Phantom Calliope

Atlas

Gladdener of all hearts

Crypt Queen

Lilith Victoria

Black Lace-blargh this has turned to evil cigars, complete with ash :cry2:

Dorian

Rose Pearls Diamonds

Zarita

Dog Days of Summer

Snake Charmer

The Chinese Dance

Dixie Love Perfume :lol:

Hod Res

WILF

Fox Fires on NYE

The Lantern Ghost of Oiwa*

Boomslang

Midnight on the Midway

Snake Oil

Vixen

Under the Harvest Moon*although no one I know likes this

ON Darkness

When Winter Nights Enlarge

Montresor

Countess Willie

Cake Smash

Attrocious Attic

Antique Lace

Green tree Viper

MIdwinter's Eve

Theodosius

Sunbird

Day of Skulls

Snow White

Chant D'Automne

Illustrated Woman ?

Succubus

Hope

Ivanushka

tHE mADWOMAN

Odd Portents

CReature Feature

Prospero

mahana

red tide

morocco*

belle epoque

kurukulla

ugh...my eyes are too tired to list ALL the imps. That's probably enough choice though, right?!

I would say you definitely want to wear something "different", that will catch his interest. I can tell you, when I first bought and tried on Snow White, my husband came over and sniffed me...like, buried his face into me, and sniffed me, and then proclaimed how much he liked it - there is something ethereal, beautiful, innocent, and even sexy, all at the same time. It's Haunting even...but in the best way possible.

Or, I would go for Snake Oil - I think it screams sexy, and "In Control" without coming off "slutty" if that makes sense...

I stink though... :lol: just kidding! I just sniffed Vixen and eurgh,nauseating vetiver ickiness- there's seriously something wrong with me this week...I think it may be the totally wrong time of the month to go on a date by Friday, sigh. Not sure I can trust my nose although Black Pearl is thus far not sickening me or smelling different.

Beautiful pic btw.

Hehe thank you! If I were you I'd just use some body lotion (or just put some BPAL in a cream) so you'll at least get a faint scent (if you really feel you smell bad... lol :D)

thanks everyone for your input but the date's off. Now if anyone had any recommendations to kill my dating curse that'd be fantastic!

That's too bad! Dating is kinda an American thing and still not that common in Sweden, yet :P so I dont really have any tips! But good luck :D