Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Incendiare

Egg Nog Soap

EGG NOG
Sweet brandy, dark rum, heavy cream, sugar, and a dash of nutmeg.

Simply put, this is Egg Nog '11 in a soap. I personally find Egg Nog to have barely any scent. Both years that I have tried have smelled like almost nothing except a hint of nutmeg'd up eggnog that turns to plastic on my skin. This doesn't even seem to have that. It's seriously barely nothing. Like the base scent of Egg Nog and no nutmeg. At least the soap is very softening! And there are tiny bits of, I think, coarsely ground nutmeg. Not too many, though. They actually left some scratches on my legs but it's not bad at all. If you personally find Egg Nog fragrant and it works for you, this soap won't disappoint.

This review is for the unused soap slice. The scent is what I'd term the Villainess soap blend with an egg-y custard plastic smell and a dash of nutmeg. Egg Nog does not work on my skin, and not sure that the soap slice will work either. But I'll try it out.

Given the age of this bar of soap, the smell is actually pretty strong. I have found that while bars of soap seem to compact over time, probably due to loss of water weight (its like a prolonged curing as the shrink foil shows that the original size would have been - there's millimeter loss, but it is noticeable enough). I have found time to have some effect on the scent potency, but not necessarily on the lathering or any of the other soap uses. I have actually enjoyed all of the bars of the aged bars of soap I've used from Villainess. It's like fine wine.

In the shower, it smells slightly like Egg Nog but I mainly smell the Villainess soap base. As both this and Frankincense and Myrrh smell almost identical.

Edited by zankoku_zen