Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Eliyetres

Similar to Ferrari's Black cologne?

I wanted to try to get my BF into BPAL as well, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Hope you can help me!

He doesn't really wear perfume, but Ferrari Black is a fragrance I really LOVE on him, the notes are as listed:

Top Notes: Bergamot, Lime, Plum, Red Apple

Middle Notes: Jasmine, Rose, Cardamom, Cinnamon

Base Notes: Ambergris, Musk, Vanilla, Cedar

I was pretty surprised when I saw this list of stuff, the only thing I smell from it is mossy woods! The first word that came to mind was "tree trunk!" I did not expect it to have that much fruit and flowers too!

So what's making it smell like wood? Is it only the cedar? I think I can smell some cinnamon somewhere too. What makes it smell like a "guy's perfume" and not all girly with the fruits and vanilla stuffed in there?

Do you know any BPAL scents that could work similar to this? :)

I think that the citrus + woods + spices might be giving it more of a cologne vibe, especially if the musk isn't a particularly sweet one.

Hmm.. I'm not familiar with the Ferrari Black fragrance, and that is an interesting mix of notes! So here's a couple of ideas that might be worth a try:

Mr Nancy - sugar cookies with bay rum, tobacco, and lime - not as sweet as it sounds, the 'sugar cookies' have an interesting slightly peppery/spicy smell, and the lime is really nice but not 'girly' or sweet. The bay rum and tobacco together give the whole thing a lovely woody quality. You can't get this as an imp from the Lab, but I'm sure you could find a decant in the For Sale area.

Casanova - a rakish blend of leather, anise, lavender, bergamot and amber with tonka, lemon peel and lusty patchouli the lemon peel will give you a similar citrus vibe, and the bergamot in this one is lovely.

Rapture - Moroccan rose, Sumatran rose, mandarin, Egyptian myrrh, night-blooming jasmine, bergamot and neroli thrust into Arabian musk - mostly for the exotic rose notes, but also the jasmine + bergamot with the musk are really nice here.

Baghdad - amber, saffron and bergamot with mandarin, nutmeg, Bulgar rose, musk and sandalwood - softly spicy but with nice deep florals and a warm/dusky feel from the amber and sandalwood.

Spider - white ginger, artemesia, vetiver, nutmeg, King mandarin, bergamot, and lime - gorgeous lime, softly spicy from the ginger and bergamot. Also not impable.. but again, check the sales area.

I dunno.. maybe those recommendations are a bit off, but check reviews and see what you think :smile:

Sign in to follow this