Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
edenssixthday

Lola Bath Salts

LOLA: HER BATH
Pomegranate, red carnation, pimento berry, blackcurrant, red plum, rose otto, patchouli, and Indonesian clove.

I'm not generally a fan of bath salts -- they just don't provide an edifying bathtub experience for me the way bath oils do. However, this is BPAL, so of course I couldn't resist! I got decants of all of the Courtesan bath salts and this was the first one I tried. The salts are different sizes and very oily. The decantress I used said they arrived double-bagged from the Lab, and even so, some of the second bags were starting to leak. She double-bagged all of mine, and there was oil in the 2nd bag, so Ziploc bagging these oils is not the ideal way to ship them. The Lab should spend the extra dough on putting these salts in containers. They can be ordered at a very reasonable cost at many places online. Anyway, I used my entire 3 oz decant, but I probably could have made do with half as much. The scent is lovely -- every note is discernible and identifiable, except for the clove, which I don't smell at all. The pomegranate, pimento berry, and plum are really bright and juicy, and they're deepend by the black currant (which does smell a little sour to my nose, as it always does to me), the carnation and the patchouli. The rose adds a nice touch of sensuality to the blend. There's a light sheen of oil on top of the water in the tub, and I can feel it moisturizing my skin, but not as heavily as the bath oils do. Several hours after my bath (about 3), I can still smell the faintest trace of scent pimento, carnation, and patchouli on my skin. But it's really light. It definitely layers really well with the Lola perfume oil. As for the salts, most of them dissolve within the first five minutes, but I spent quite a while lounging around in the hot waters of my bath this morning, and after 20-25 minutes, there was a still a fine layer of gritty salt on the bottom of the tub. Not all of the salts dissolve, apparently. It wasn't uncomfortable, it just felt gritty and silty. Still, I'm looking forward to my next bathtime with one of the other Courtesan salts. I still prefer bath oils, but this makes for a nice change of pace -- mixin' it up a bit in the tub. :) Edited by Shollin

So, the bath salts are VERY wet and while mine didn't leak in shipping, once I opened them the first ziplock wouldn't close properly so the oil has now leaked into the second bag. Anyway, the salts are varying-sized granules, pink (not sure if this is from the oil or the type of salt or both) and quite aromatic. I can smell them through the two ziplocks and the black velvet bag they come in.

For me, the pomegranate, plum and carnation were the primary scents, though I could smell the rose and blackcurrant as well. (Not sure how pimento smells, so I can't say if it was noticable. But the patch' was subtle for anyone who doesn't care for that scent and I didn't notice the clove particularly.)

In the water, the smaller granules dissolved quickly, but a few of the larger ones were still there even after a 25 minute soak. Some oil floated on the surface of the water, and the notes were much more juicy and full-bodied than in the bag. It didn't leave as much residue on my skin as the regular bath oils, and the salination felt really good on muscles sore from hiking. There was a bit of a sweet smell lingering on my skin after dry-off, but I couldn't seperate out any notes. My skin felt soft and smooth after the soak.

I think the salts are a good option for when you want less of the oil or if you feel a little achy, but I'm still stuck on the oils for a really luxurious bath. :-)

Lola was rose with hints of pomegranate, patchouli and just a whiff of clove.

But still, primarily a rose blend.

Again, because it has been a while since this was formulated, the scent on this one was fairly weak.