Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
shriekingviolet

Planned Forum Downtime

Just giving everyone some advanced warning, the boards will be down during part of the day on Friday October 29th. Not sure for how long, though by conservative estimates I'm betting on 5 hours but it could be all day, or what time I'll begin. Though I suspect I'll either start in the wee hours of the morning when board traffic is at its lowest or it'll be right after I get home from class which is about 1 pm CST. Depends on how prepared I am or industrious I'm feeling. I know this is a bit of a pain as this will come on the heels of an update, but the lab staff (at least the ones who post here regularly) will be gone on vacation that day anyway so it's a good time for it in that it can't interfere with the customer relations aspect of the forum. Plus I'm off from work that day. :P

But the good news is that after the board is back up, we'll be running on upgraded software and ipb 2.0 has some really fun/useful new features.

BUT if it starts taking longer than you think it should, do start praying for my sanity. :D I'll probably be sitting here very frazzled and angry and in need of good energy to smooth out the kinks of the upgrade progress.

Sign in to follow this