Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
corva

something like neil morris northwoods?

i'm looking for something like neil morris "northwoods" without the price-tag, if that is possible.

anyone know that one and can recommend something?

(deciduous green trees, earth, somehow water...)

c.

I had to look it up since I havent tried it, and here are some notes and descriptions (mainly from me, but maybe they will come in handy for someone else too)

notes: basil blossom, heather, fir needle, sweet pea, fig, cut grass, cedar, oak, redwood, myrrh, labdanum, oakmoss, and vetiver.

The reviews of this fragrance are earthy, sparkling green, grassy, slightly wet/snow, woody, woodsy

My recommendations to try out:

Nocnitsa - this one may be your best bet -- a lightless fir wood, nighttime air, wet forest mosses and upturned earth.

Niflheim - not floral to my nose, despite the desc - Dark, damp blossoms winding through an impenetrable, murky gloom.

Ulalume - leaves, wet, earthy, not so much on the woods or fir though

Black Forest - great foresty, not so much on the earthy though

Wolf Moon 04 - green woodsy, lighter, more slushy snow -- not so much on wood though

Wolf Moon 07 - very green woodsy - not so much on wood though

Nephilim - Holy frankincense and hyssop in union with earthy fig, defiled by black patchouli and vetiver, with a chaotic infusion of lavender, cardamom, tamarind, rosemary, oakmoss and cypress.

thank you so much -- this is very helpful!

the bpal website can be quite overwhelming, but now i have something to start on :-)

nocnitsa sounds like it may be in my future...

c.

thank you so much -- this is very helpful!

the bpal website can be quite overwhelming, but now i have something to start on :-)

nocnitsa sounds like it may be in my future...

c.

the only two I linked to you that can't buy from the lab site are the two Wolf Moons. The rest you should be able to get samples of from the lab, or bottles if you're brave ;) And I agree, Nocnitsa sounds like it might be perfect =)

the only two I linked to you that can't buy from the lab site are the two Wolf Moons.

Worth noting: Wolf Moon 2011 was just a couple of weeks ago, so bottles should be appearing in the swaps/sales sections soon from people it didn't work out on.

Sign in to follow this