Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ipb

Our new skin and other news

FORUM SKINS

Our newest skin, Carnaval Diabiolique, has been released! It features art from the Lab's Carnaval Diabolique line. All of our thanks go to Jenn and Beth for letting us use their work & hooking us up with not only the backgrounds, but the font for our logo! As well, I'd like to shout out to jenpo for her assistance as well. (By the by: the image background was a compromise on download time versus large monitors. I may increase it up to 1600px from the current 1080px.)

We are getting together the images to start working with a skin developer to convert our old skins. I do not have an ETA for arrival, as we're still gathering the graphics and finalizing the negotiations, but after we shoot off the graphics, it should be about 2 weeks (though the holidays may kick it off an extra week). If all works well, after a version update that IPB has tentatively scheduled for Q1 2011, we will convert the remainder of our skins. (We will not upgrade the forum to that version before at least 1-2 of the skins are done unless there are critical security issues.). I hope that you will continue to be patient with us (and the software!).

OLD AND BUSTED, NEW HOTNESS

A couple of functions went away with the upgrade (like being able to easily grab a person's posts in a given topic) and a couple of them are broken. We're working on it. Many of our functions aren't standard with Invision Power Board (the software that powers our site) -- they're special mods that someone out there wrote. When new upgrades happen, these functions have to be upgraded and that is dependent on whom coded the mod, which wasn't always me. Once they're available we will implement them back into the forum, believe us we miss them just as much as you!

In the meantime, check out some of our returned functions - like feedback! Formerly the bane of my existence, once we had a few thousand feedbacks entered in, it became slow and unresponsive. After several months of polishing up the details, the first half of feedback has been released (complete with all the old feedback!), and it's lightning fast! I'm working on getting personalized pages set up, which will eliminate the current reliance on the "find by searching the name" issue that currently can bring up feedback from multiple people.

We're also working on front page sidebar sections separating out the various "recently posted" topics by area. You can see that the Announcements area has already been made (and it combines both the forum and Lab announcements). Swaps, reviews, and "discussion topics" (the various Chatters and their subfora) will also have little boxes coming up.

Another new feature is that the forum now tracks what time you leave or delete PMs! I am working on getting this visible in PMs, but it IS in the back end. If you have questions about when someone deleted a PM, just hang on to it - hopefully, it will be visible at the end of the month. (That said: anything deleted before yesterday was NOT tracked.)

RETAIL THERAPY REORGANIZATION

The great Retail Therapy reorganization experiment continues! We've had some great feedback from you all and we're working on making Retail Therapy a place that you guys will continue to frequent. Feel free to continue to post your thoughts here in this thread (PLEASE keep all discussion of the system in this thread only so we can actually follow it!) and remember, you can always privately message a moderator your ideas if you don't want to share them with the forum at large.

BPAL/BPTP UPDATE

The Yule updates were FREAKING AWESOME! The Nutcracker! A Christmas Carol! The returning of the usual suspects! Aeaeaeae!

Sign in to follow this