Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
strahlend

A Golden Idol

Saw the lab had bottles of this up on Etsy and decided to pull out my old decant to see if I should take the plunge.  My decant is, of course, quite old, and was also a swap, so I'm not sure if this is how a aged bottle, fresh from the lab will smell, but here goes.  

This smells like money.  Cash, cash dollar bills.  That "gold" note is a hefty dose of copal, and though the vetiver is certainly still present, I think the copal is part of what's smacking folks in the nose with an earthy, masculine vibe, right up front.  It's powdery, lux, a bit metallic smelling, and very vintage.  Honestly, I would never describe this as a floral.  I don't really get florals except maybe some hint of the lavender flavoring the vetiver and copal, but it's hard to identify. Perhaps the florals were delicate enough that they're gone from my imp, or perhaps the florals are just an afterthought in this fragrance - the dead, dried blossoms of Scrooge's dead, dry heart.  Either way, I quite like the fragrance and I think it would smell quite wonderful on a man, or a rich, grande dame.  It does smell golden, not glittering, but like the antique, dust-sheathed gold of a pirate horde.