Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shipwreckgirl

Which Orisha blend should I buy

Masculine scents tend to like me (good examples are Hellhound, Tombstone, and Robotic Scarab), so I am curious about Port-au-Prince. The butter part scares me though- I hate the buttery smell of, say, Jelly Belly buttered popcorn beans. Something else I tried- Boo maybe?- was super buttery and I didn't like it. Anybody know how much butter is in Port-au-Prince? I think Hellhound has bay rum, and I lurve Hellhound.

Can anyone tell me if the bay in Port-au-Prince is strong? I've read the reviews but I want to know more. I think it was bay that made Delphi smell like nachos to me. Otherwise, I'd buy it for the clove and rum.

On me, Port-au-Prince is heady cloves with faint almondyness - I personally didn't get much butter, rum, or bay. I didn't like it much for the first hour or so, but once it settled down a bit it became a sort of gentle, warmly spicy scent and I liked it better. I think it's the sort of thing that could smell quite different from one person to another though. It is going to a good cause, so maybe it's worth taking your chances!

Masculine scents tend to like me (good examples are Hellhound, Tombstone, and Robotic Scarab), so I am curious about Port-au-Prince. The butter part scares me though- I hate the buttery smell of, say, Jelly Belly buttered popcorn beans. Something else I tried- Boo maybe?- was super buttery and I didn't like it. Anybody know how much butter is in Port-au-Prince? I think Hellhound has bay rum, and I lurve Hellhound.

Can anyone tell me if the bay in Port-au-Prince is strong? I've read the reviews but I want to know more. I think it was bay that made Delphi smell like nachos to me. Otherwise, I'd buy it for the clove and rum.

On me, Port-au-Prince is heady cloves with faint almondyness - I personally didn't get much butter, rum, or bay. I didn't like it much for the first hour or so, but once it settled down a bit it became a sort of gentle, warmly spicy scent and I liked it better. I think it's the sort of thing that could smell quite different from one person to another though. It is going to a good cause, so maybe it's worth taking your chances!

I think I've decided on Obatala, with imps of Yemaya and Olokun (I know they don't count towards the donations, but I want to smell them now, lol)