Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Iceblink

Malediction Claw Polish

MALEDICTION CLAW POLISH
Gloss
Abyssal black.

The description doesn't lie--this is so black that I thought my bottle was missing the label because the black logo is almost impossible to see next to the polish itself. It makes me think of Agent Cooper's line about liking his coffee "black as midnight on a moonlight night" on Twin Peaks. And it's so opaque!

Yep, it's black! Very, very black!! Behold the blackness:

4295104388_c6553ecb5c_o.jpg

That's two coats, straight over my natural nails - I didn't have any base coat stuff so this is just straight over the nail. Also no top coat - this photo actually makes it look a little grainy, but that's just camera badness - it's perfectly smooth and even. The polish is thick but not gluggy, and it goes on very easily. Drying time is pretty quick - it was touch dry within about 10 minutes and completely dry within 20.

The results are pretty stunning - although it's an opaque/solid colour, it's quite glossy but not in a 'shiny' way - just the right amount of gloss to stop it being a dull black. It wears well too - two days in, and there's no colour loss from the tips and no chipping. And the thing that was worrying me the most, since these are real nails and real nails tend to absorb colour - the polish came off very easily, no problems at all, and didn't leave any staining or discolouration. Pretty outstanding all round really!

Finally, the obligatory shot with the bottle.. although it's very hard to see the BPAL branding due to the darkness of the polish.

4295104390_2f96c30795_o.jpg