Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Xylis

BPAL version of Cool Water Game by Davidoff?

i swear that i've tried doing searches, but so far, i've been getting "cool water" by davidoff which is not quite the same as "cool water game" so do bear with me. :blush: :blush:

i'm trying to find something that's close or along the lines of my fiance's favourite cologne. the make up of "cool water game" goes as follows:

top notes: basil, grapefruit, lemon verbena and watermelon

middle notes: black currant, lavender and violet leaf

base notes: patchouli and woodsy notes.

this smells divine on him, yet it doesn't really seem to fit other popular masculine BPAL blends [i'm thinking satyr, jolly roger, cassanova etc]. could someone please enlighten a clueless girl here? (:

Velvet Panther - Dark musk, star anise, agarwood, styrax, vetiver, gaiacwood, king mandarin, violet leaf, black vanilla ?

Not identical but it has a slight fruity element and a woody one too. You could try him with a decant.

I've never smelled Cool Water Game, so I'm not sure if it's mainly fruity, woodsy, clean, citrussy, or what it might smell like on your fiance... but just based on the listed notes, you might want to look at:

*Bruised Violet Compound - violet, red currant, patchouli root, and spanish moss.

*Cheshire Cat - grapefruit, red currant, dark musk, roman chamomile, delphinium, and lavender.

*Death on a Pale Horse - white musk, mint, lavender, patchouli, vetiver, yuzu, lime, geranium bourbon, sandalwood, and lily.

*Lurid - black currant, lavender, white musk, resins, and ozone.

*Lysander - lilac musk, tonka, wood violet, lime, myrtle, blackberry leaf, and benzoin.

*Oberon - orchid, white musk, bergamot, juniper berry, and patchouli.

*Old Scratch - lavender fougere, tonka, amber, rosewood, and patchouli.

*Pontarlier - swiss ferns, lilac, black currant, rose, lavender, sugar, and absinthe.

*Wilde - gentleman's cologne, patchouli, tonka bean, bergamot, moss, lavender, jasmine, and thyme.

thank you both for your recommendations, i'll definitely look into those! ((:

frankly, before i checked the notes for cool water game, i had no idea that it had that many fruity notes in it. O.O goes to show how little i know about fragrance notes huh. it strikes me as a fresh scent that's more or less clear rather than musky and overly woodsy. i was actually quite surprised to see that it has a woodsy base, because it doesn't smell that way to me at all. sometimes i'm tempted to steal it... but i thought smelling like him would be rather strange since his cologne entices me to jump him..... yeah, i'm that kinda girl. :twisted: :blush:

i'll probably have to give it a test run one day, describe it better and then check back with the scent reviews.

Sign in to follow this