Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
HatterRenoAxel

Looking for something that smells like the Outback

Looking for something that has a warm dessert smell to it, that conjures up hints of the Dreamtime, hot nights and even hotter days. One of my friends loves all things Australian and I want to find something that would come close.

Some scents that might be good for conjuring up a hot desert feel:

*The Ifrit (desert sand, red musk, blackened ginger, dragon's blood resin, black pepper, cinnamon, & tobacco)

*Morocco (the intoxicating perfume of exotic incenses wafting on warm desert breezes: arabian spices, warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood, and cassia)

*Scarecrow (the scent of a hot wind blowing through desolate, scorched, barren fields)

*Ozymandius (dry desert air, dry and hot, passing over crumbling stone megaliths and plundered golden monuments, bearing a hint of the incense of lost Gods on its winds -- though this is more classical-perfumey & soapy on me, personally)

You might also want to check out Australian Copperhead in the Carnaval series, though. It doesn't smell like hot desert to me, but it does smell lovely, and it has Australia right in the name, lol.

Maybe Coyote? The Native American Creator / Trickster God of Chaos and Change. The warmth of doeskin, dry plains grasses and soft, dusty woods warmed by amber and a downy, gentle coat of deep musk.

Well, I can tell you that an Australian colleague exclaimed once, when I entered the room: "You smell like boronia!" (Boronia is a native Australian plant). I asked him if that was a good thing and he enthusiastically replied: "It is to me!"

I was wearing House of Mirrors (unfortunately LE), which is a citrus-amber scent. I can see it being reminiscent of the slightly lemony, sun-baked, resiny scent that drought-resistant Australian native plants give off in the summer heat. A very similar and easier to find scent is Sea of Glass.