Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
kebechet

Great Duets and Cobwebby Bottles!

++ GREAT DUETS IN HORROR

Some of us spend our lives searching for a soulmate, someone that we believe will be the answer to our heart’s desire. We yearn for completion, and long for someone that would make us whole. Sometimes, this longing is fulfilled through romantic love, and sometimes… well, sometimes completion is attained in unexpected ways.

With this in mind, we, in conjunction with Dark Delicacies, are thrilled to present the Great Duets in Horror Series!

"Then he hissed at me. 'Ah, I frighten you, do I? ... I dare say! ... Perhaps you think that I have another mask, eh, and that this ... this ... my head is a mask? Well,' he roared, 'tear it off as you did the other! Come! Come along! I insist! Your hands! Your hands! Give me your hands!' And he seized my hands and dug them into his awful face. He tore his flesh with my nails, tore his terrible dead flesh with my nails! ... 'Know,' he shouted, while his throat throbbed and panted like a furnace, 'know that I am built up of death from head to foot and that it is a corpse that loves you and adores you and will never, never leave you! ... Look, I am not laughing now, I am crying, crying for you, Christine, who have torn off my mask and who therefore can never leave me again! ... As long as you thought me handsome, you could have come back, I know you would have come back ... but, now that you know my hideousness, you would run away for good... So I shall keep you here! ... Why did you want to see me? Oh, mad Christine, who wanted to see me! ... When my own father never saw me and when my mother, so as not to see me, made me a present of my first mask!'

"He had let go of me at last and was dragging himself about on the floor, uttering terrible sobs. And then he crawled away like a snake, went into his room, closed the door and left me alone to my reflections. Presently I heard the sound of the organ; and then I began to understand Erik's contemptuous phrase when he spoke about Opera music. What I now heard was utterly different from what I had heard up to then. His Don Juan Triumphant (for I had not a doubt but that he had rushed to his masterpiece to forget the horror of the moment) seemed to me at first one long, awful, magnificent sob. But, little by little, it expressed every emotion, every suffering of which mankind is capable. It intoxicated me; and I opened the door that separated us. Erik rose, as I entered, BUT DARED NOT TURN IN MY DIRECTION. 'Erik,' I cried, 'show me your face without fear! I swear that you are the most unhappy and sublime of men; and, if ever again I shiver when I look at you, it will be because I am thinking of the splendor of your genius!' Then Erik turned round, for he believed me, and I also had faith in myself. He fell at my feet, with words of love ... with words of love in his dead mouth ... and the music had ceased ... He kissed the hem of my dress and did not see that I closed my eyes.

CHRISTINE

A bouquet of Swedish blossoms -- linnea borealis, hoya, and Phyteuma nigra -- with frankincense and pale vanilla orchid.

ERIK

Resin-coated wood, kerosene, oil, leather, musty velvet, and dust from the Grand Drape.

- - -

Hence it came about that I concealed my pleasures; and that when I reached years of reflection, and began to look round me, and take stock of my progress and position in the world, I stood already committed to a profound duplicity of life.

DR. HENRY JEKYLL

A discreet men’s cologne of juniper, cumin, verbena, bergamot, mint, and basil splattered with dregs from apothecary bottles.

MR. EDWARD HYDE

That selfsame gentlemen’s cologne corrupted by base, dissolute musk, bitter tobacco, sour bourbon, sweat, and a splatter of blood.

- - -

How marvellously lie our anxieties, in filmy layers, one over the other! Take away that which has lain on the upper surface for so long—the care of cares—the only one, as it seemed to you, between your soul and the radiance of Heaven—and straight you find a new stratum there.

MAUD RUTHYN

Fresh wheat, honeycomb, rosehips, nectarine, climbing roses, and myrrh.

SILAS RUTHYN

Opium smoke, opium tar, mandarin, dark musk, patchouli, tonka, vetiver, and frankincense.

These scents will go live at Dark Delicacies on Sunday, February 8th during our Clearing Out the Cobwebs trunk show, and will be live on their web site after that!

++ CLEARING OUT THE COBWEBS

We are up to our naughty bits in bottles of ancient LEs, prototypes, and smellies that never went live. The wonderful Sue and Del are helping us keep the bottles from overtaking the building by hosting a trunk show! The following scents will be available:

VINTAGE

A Bachelor’s Dog 2007

A Bold Bluff 2007

Ace of Hearts 2005

Buck Moon 2005

Chrysanthemum Moon 2006

The Cracked Bell 2005

Crow Moon 2007

Dead Man’s Hand 2005

Despair 2004

Eidolon 2004

Enraged Groundhog Musk 2007

Enraged Orangutan Musk 2006

Flower Moon 2005

Frost Moon 2004

Harvest Moon 2005

Harvest Moon 2006

Hearth 2004

Honey Moon 2005

Ice Queen 2004

Kelly Pool 2007

Kostnice 2004

Lady Luck Blues 2007

Litha 2006

MB: Bloody Mary 2007

MB: Closet 2006

MB: Ventriloquist Dummy 2007

Melpomene 2004

Midwinter’s Eve 2005

Minotaur 2007

Nahemoth 2006

Neptune 2004

NYE in Dogville 2007

Pink Moon 2005

Pink Phoenix 2005

Pluto 2004

Puck 2004

Purple Phoenix 2006

Rage 2004

Red Phoenix 2005

Riding the Goat 2007

Salamander 2005

Samhain 2004

Sitting Up With a Sick Friend 2007

Sleepy Moon 2006

Strawberry Moon 2005

Sylph 2005

Taurus 2007

Thamiel 2006

PROTOTYPES

Android v2

Baba Yaga v7

Black Orchid v5

Blue Phoenix v2

Burial v2

Dunwich v2

Eight Actors v4

Empyreal Mist v3

Gossamer v3

Holly King v6

Iron Phoenix v2

Jingo-Kogo v6

Medb v4

Montressor v9

Mouse’s Long and Sad Tale v5

Nahemoth v7

Nihil v2

Nine Mysteries v2

Oak King v4

Orange Phoenix v6

PP32005

PP42005

PP52005

PPEL6

PPGC456

PPGC580

PPGC767

PPGC92

PPGC92

PPH07

PPH08

PPV662

PX23

Snow Maiden 2006 v2

St. Lucia v8

Sturgeon Moon 2008 v5

There’s a Certain Slant of Light v9

Val Sans Retour v3

Vishpala v2

Yog-Sothoth v2

The prototypes are earlier versions of a scent that did not go live because of component issues or because they, in my opinion, missed the conceptual mark.

Black Phoenix Trading Post will be offering bottles of five of its prototype, unreleased room sprays:

Jonathan’s Coffee-House v1

Le Café du Rat-Mort v3

Rappaccini’s Greenhouse v2

Thousand Pillar v5

Villa Diodati v2

Each bottle of BPAL oil is $20, and each 4oz room spray is $25. A portion of all of the proceeds will go to help the Wildlife Waystation.

No preorders will be accepted for the perfumes and room sprays at the Cobwebs event. Bottles will be sold on a first-come basis, and there is a limit of three bottles per person. However, BPTP will be offering Lunacies Past tees (list forthcoming), and those will be preorder only. Please stay tuned for a follow-up post regarding the tees.

Please note: the Vintage scents will be sportin’ a new label that was created for this event. You will not be getting the original label used for this scent.

Where and when is this happening?

Dark Delicacies

4213 W. Burbank

Burbank, CA 91505 U.S.A.

Sunday, February 8th

12pm - 5pm

1-888-DARKDEL

1-818-556-6660

darkdel *at* darkdel *.* com

Thank you for helping us clean out the warehouse while contributing to a worthy cause! We will be doing another housecleaning sometime this summer.

Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!

Sign in to follow this