Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Jess2316

BPAL similar to Bobbi Brown Beach?

I tried to search for a thread on this one and came up with nothing so I apologize if I missed it. Anyway...I LOVE Bobbi Brown Beach but it doesn't last all that long. Initially it smells just like suntan lotion and fades into a kind of light florally scent. I haven't worn it in a while so I have a hard time remembering.

All I could find for notes was "sand jasmine, sea spray, and mandarin" although I'm sure there are more than that. If anyone knows of something similar I would love to try it, thanks!

I tried to search for a thread on this one and came up with nothing so I apologize if I missed it. Anyway...I LOVE Bobbi Brown Beach but it doesn't last all that long. Initially it smells just like suntan lotion and fades into a kind of light florally scent. I haven't worn it in a while so I have a hard time remembering.

All I could find for notes was "sand jasmine, sea spray, and mandarin" although I'm sure there are more than that. If anyone knows of something similar I would love to try it, thanks!

You must try Moana-- it may not have florals listed in the notes (mostly seaspray, as I recall), but it dries down lovely and sweet, kind of a cousin of 51.

I have yet to try anything in the BPAL line that smells like BB Beach (of which I own in perfume & lotion) and I have tried alot.

ETA: (From the Now Smell This Blog) ... Bobbi Brown launched her Beach fragrance in 2002, and it has been a best seller for the brand since then. The notes include summery sand, jasmine, sea spray, dianthus dune flower, neroli petals, mandarin and driftwood.

Bobbi Brown Beach isn't a tropical sort of beach fragrance, like J Lo's Miami Glow or Matthew Williamson's eponymous scent; it smells like an Atlantic beach vacation (East Coast of the US, to be more exact): a bit of fresh sea air, a bit of salt water, and the very synthetic smell of sunscreen. The opening is a wee bit sharp, and rather reminiscent of some of the sunscreen sprays that have suddenly become popular at my own local pool this summer, but it settles nicely. I have seen the smell compared to Coppertone, and it does have something rather Coppertone-ish about it, but it isn't the dead ringer for Coppertone.

Edited by beachbabealways

Yes at first it smells exactly like Coppertone..but I would say that part fades pretty quickly on me. Maybe I'll just have to break down and buy the lotion and slather that on and then the perfume. LOVE that stuff!

I'm not sure if any of these are up your alley but you could try:

Mary Read - Salt air, ocean mist, aged patchouli, sarsaparilla, watered-down rum, leather-tinged musk, and a spray of gunpowder.

Egle - Ocean water, hyacinth petals, star jasmine, and fir.

Calico Jack - Sea air, driftwood, waterlogged kelp, and the memory of plundered spices sprayed over worn leathers, rough musk, and the salty wooden floorboards of the Revenge.

Île de la Tortue - Damp air trapped in limestone caverns, heady greenery, hothouse orchids, nicotiana blossoms, bois de chandel, elemi, palm wine, garambullo, pega-pega, flame of the forest, and a swirl of Haitian vetiver.

Windward Passage - Breezes blowing off of the waters of the Caribbean: marine accord, seaweed, and bladderwrack.

Mary Read, Egle, Calico Jack, Île de la Tortue, and Windward Passage are General Catalog choices, you can order those from the lab in imp form.

Thalassa, The Galapagos Mermaid (Carnaval Diabolique) - Seaweed, kelp, salty ocean spray, bitter almond, night-blooming jasmine, frankincense, and benzoin.

Kiyohime Changes From a Serpent (Salon) - Salty ocean spray, red kelp, black plum, lychee, sea moss, green musk, hachiya, plum blossom, and matcha.

Sunrise With Sea-Monsters (Salon) - Ocean mist, kelp, ambergris, amber, white pear, osmanthus, freesia, and seafoam accord.

The Carnaval Diabolique scents aren't available in imp form from the lab, so you may need to comb the swaps or sales forums if you want to try a decant, but someone will probably have them available. The Salon scents ARE available in imp form from the lab, but only as a set, so the swaps/sales forum may be a better idea for those as well.

Good Luck!

Yes at first it smells exactly like Coppertone..but I would say that part fades pretty quickly on me. Maybe I'll just have to break down and buy the lotion and slather that on and then the perfume. LOVE that stuff!

Yeah, layering the lotion with the fume makes it last a long time. Actually, the lotion maybe just enough for you (without the fume). The lotion is really strong on me.

Sign in to follow this