Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Saloon #10 Atmospheric Spray

Received this as a sample with my order, and I’m glad I did. This is the exact kind of thing I was absolutely mad for the first time I checked out indie fragrance. It’s no longer what I’m looking for and I’m not sure why...

When I opened my order box I smelled this...but I didn’t know what it was. The lingering scent in the box was metallic to me. I have no idea what exactly that note is. I think it’s part of the leather. But if it was in a blend that was supposed to smell like metal, I would believe it. Quirk of my nose I guess. 

First spray is extremely boozy. The booze almost hides the sharpness. Almost. Because then to my nose the whole thing smells strongly of very sharp sunscreen. Maybe the spray kind. As it settled down I was able to enjoy the tobacco and the leather became delicious. This kind of leather note is so unique to indie perfumery that it makes me feel warm and fuzzy. The sharp sunscreen impression is preventing me from enjoying this fully. I’m not sure if that sharpness if part of the whiskey or the leather, but it’s the metallicy effervescent chemical smell I noticed when I opened the box. I’m truly fascinated by that smell. I just don’t love what it does here. 

For me, sadly, this isn’t quite the booze and leather of my dreams, I don’t think...But it is extremely potent. I sprayed my sample a couple of times on a pillow to have something to sniff as it dried/faded and my small house was totally awash with it. As it settled into a totally heavy potent leather...I came to really enjoy it. Sadly if I snuggle into the pillow I sprayed, I get that sunscreen again, and as it totally fades away I am left with more metal/plastic than leather. A fragrance best loved at arms’ length for me. Intriguing as always. I’m really glad I got this as a sample, it’s been really fun and I don’t know if I would have been brave enough to order it! 

This is the most crazy scent I’ve had the pleasure of whiffing from BPAL. I just got a decant and had no idea what it would smell like. If anyone has ever been on the ride big thunder mountain and Disneyland Paris, this scent reminds me of there! A true cowboy scent, gun oil and the genuine scent of dust?