Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Fulltiltredhead

Decanted...tarted up...

Reiterating what has said before, and cross-referencing to this post here:

http://www.bpal.org/index.php?showtopic=11...ndpost&p=211155

BPAL changed the style of labels for imp's ears several months ago.  The ones you currently see have a white label with the name printed on it.  Before, the labels were handwritten on parchment, and tied onto the imp with black raffia.

I posted this in general idle BPAL chatter, because I don't think it's only about swapping...more of a general BPAL education-type question...

When I'm looking at the swap posts, I can't help but notice that there's a lot of BPAL terminology that I'm not familiar with.  :P 

I hope that some of you more experienced BPALers can clear some of them up for me.

For example, what does it mean when an imp has been "tarted up?"  At first I thought it might mean that someone had decorated the little vial.  Then someone told me that it meant that the person had added something to the fragrance itself...or possibly poured some more of the same scent in from a big bottle.

Another word I'm not exactly sure of is "decanted."  In my mind, this means to fill an imp from a big bottle...but are they using a new imp bottle or an original one that contained the same scent?

And, if someone decants me an imp, or if should do the same for someone else, how would one go about making sure the imp vial was clean before doing so?  Or does everyone own a little supply of new vials for this purpose?

What are some other terms that I sould know when venturing into the swapping game?

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

I'm a new BPALer but I always have to buy more of anything than I ever need so all my purchases are 5mls. I also bought like 20 imp containers incase there is something I hate, I can put in a new fresh unused bottle for someone else to enjoy!