Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sarada

The Contract of Theophilus of Adana

Parchment, Siamese benzoin, infernal incense, red musk, brimstone, and daemonorops.

Imp: Red musk and parchment.

Wet: Immediately on the skin this splits into a warm red musk scent and then a thin, linen-y high pitched note that appears to be the parchment and brimstone colliding. The red musk and dragon's blood wind together in a warm twist of incense smoke.

Dry: Mmm... this is gorgeous. All thick, bookish incense and a touch of parchment. The red musk is both incensey and skin-close. The benzoin winds through adding a perfect, vanilla resin base. It's a very smoky sort of scent--definitely smells like I've been sitting around marinating in incense but very, very high quality incense. Red musk/dragon's blood is one of my favourite combinations in the world and the addition of the brimstone and parchment lighten it up a little so it seems more appropriate for a warm day.

Throw: Moderate.

Overall: I really like this but it reminds me heavily of a few other blends that I already own. I'll use the imp up and see if I miss it. Edited by paperrose

I received this bottle as a holiday gift, and I've been putting off this review.

In the bottle: this smells dry, incensey and a tad musky. It's right up my alley.

On my skin: One word sums this up. Daemonorops. I cannot wear dragon's blood resin, as it turns to soap on my skin. Overpowering soap, even enough to beat out red musk.

My skin's take on this makes me want to cry. (Curses, why must you destroy one of my beautiful resins?) Fortunately I have a scent locket coming, and I suspect this scent will be oft-used there.