Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
meeow712

Something like Chinatown?

My absolute favorite perfume is Chinatown by Bond No. 9. Now that I'm switching over to natural perfume, I would love to find a BPAL scent similar to Chinatown.

Any suggestions??

Here's what I found when searching for the notes in Chinatown: top notes of peach blossom and bergamot; middle notes of peony, gardenia, tuberose, and orange flower; and base notes of patchouli, cedarwood, vanilla, sandalwood, guaiac wood and cardamom.

Having never tried/smelled it myself, it would be really helpful to find out what it smells like on your skin, to your nose. If it's prominently patchouli and gardenia on you, I'd be looking at a different set of BPAL scents than if it were prominently vanilla and sandalwood.

Chinatown is a lovely scent, for me it definitely leans more toward a citrus floral grounded by the woods rather than an earthy/woodsy scent.

I'd give Croquet and Shoggoth a try.

Croquet~Pink lime, pink grapefruit, white nectarine, wild rose, sage, woody patchouli, bergamot, and ornery hedgehog musk.

Shoggoth~An amorphous, radiant, incandescent scent. Ever changing, protoplasmic and primordial: white amber, green coconut meat, iris, palmarosa, Chinese peony, lime, water lily, snowdrop, muguet, lemongrass, osmanthus, wisteria, glassy musk, and hinoki.

Thanks for the recommendations. :P I'll have to give all of them a shot.

On me, I don't notice the patchouli at all. It's more of a Chinese incense, and I have wonderful chemistry with it.

I love Chinatown - to me it's mostly patchouli and florals with a little bit of fruitiness. I haven't consciously noticed a BPAL that resembles it, but I haven't been looking, so I will definitely put on my thinking cap for this challenge. :P I will have to try Midnight on the Midway again, soon. It's been ages! I remember trying it this summer as I was going through bottles to keep or swap and deciding it was a keeper. (This is a sign of having too many bottles, incidentally, but that's nothing new...)