Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
circeramone

Is there a BPAL similar to Mary Kay's Acapella?

My mom claims that the only perfume that has ever "worked" on her was Mary Kay's Acapella. However, it was discontinued about a year ago. She was in town the day my Yule decants came, and she seemed to like a lot of the rose scents, but none of them really grabbed her as being her new scent.

I asked my Aunt, a Mary Kay consultant, what the major notes in Acapella were, so I can hopefully narrow down my search of a BPAL-substitute. She didn't know for sure; all she could remember was that it was a floral scent (but not a stereotypically floral scent), and that it was most popular with fiercely independent women.

Does anyone have any ideas for me? I'm prepping my next order anyway, so I'm thinking if I get some GC reccommendations, I'll get mom a set of imp's ears or two so she can try some scents out.

Thank you all so much!

Here's what I found.

Acapella Eau de Toilette: This is Mary Kay's classic fragrance, it has an elegant scent that is a perfectly balanced by jasmine, rose, lilac and lily of the valley!

I recommend

Dragon's Eye - A piercing, radiant perfume: dragon's blood resin, lily of the valley, lilac and galbanum.

Endymion - A sweet, wistful blend of d'Anjou pear, Lily of the Valley, bois du rose and white musk.

Suspiro - Ylang ylang with white plum, white orchid, jasmine, calla lily and lily of the valley.

Hymn - Perfect rose absolute and Palestinian Lily of the Valley with olibanum, labdanum, frankincense and myrrh.

Moscow - Imperial rose, carnation, lush jasmine, lily of the valley, dark musk, amber, bergamot and gilded tangerine.

Mata Hari - Five roses with soft jasmine, warmed by vanilla, fig, tonka bean and mahogany, spiced with a drop of coffee bean.

Wicked - A sophisticated, womanly scent: rich myrrh and jasmine draped in the subtlest rose.

Nuit - Dazzling white musks, white rose and night-blooming jasmine with the soft moss of moonlit meadows, a waft of Egyptian incense, and a gentle breath of moonflower.

Queen Mab - Black orchid, sandalwood, night-blooming jasmine, osmanthus, Somalian rose, and Chinese musk.

Delight - Frangipani, with rose, tuberose, and jasmine.

Black Dahlia - Voluptuous magnolias strewn over orchid, star jasmine, black amber and smoky rose.

Well, a quick few minutes massaging the Internet gives me the following scent summary.

Acapella® Eau de Toilette Fragrance Notes:

Top: Italian Mandarin, Crisp Orchard Pear, Crushed Red Raspberries.

Middle: White Jasmine, Lily of the Valley, Red Damascene Rose.

Bottom: Rare Woods Complex, Resinous Golden Amber, Warm Musky Skinscent Accord.

Do with this as you will.

Sign in to follow this