Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Dranaan

Casanova -- what to mix to cut the "manliness"?

I love Casanova -- I love the notes, I love the description, and in the bottle I love the scent. On my skin, however, it goes just a bit to "Aramis Cologne" for my liking, a bit too screamingly men's cologne. So I want to try to mix something with it in order to make it a bit more feminine and hopefully a bit more me. Can anyone make some recs or throw some ideas my way?

Thanks!

Fragrance isn't really gendered. So what kinds of smells seem especially feminine to you? For me, rose is quite feminine, and if I feel like a scent is a bit too sharp, a mostly rose scent often softens it into something nice. I also tend to feel that it's hard to go wrong adding lavender or amber to a scent. But your nose probably isn't my nose :P. You'll probably want to highlight different elements in Casanova than I would.

Fragrance isn't really gendered. So what kinds of smells seem especially feminine to you?

That's the tricky bit, really -- I don't tend toward very traditionally feminine scents, at all, which was why Casanova appealed to me so much. I think I just need to get a few more imps or even a partial bottle and start experimenting -- then once I find what I am looking for, I can get a new full bottle. :P

But amber....that's always a good idea, I think.

I love Casanova -- I love the notes, I love the description, and in the bottle I love the scent. On my skin, however, it goes just a bit to "Aramis Cologne" for my liking, a bit too screamingly men's cologne. So I want to try to mix something with it in order to make it a bit more feminine and hopefully a bit more me. Can anyone make some recs or throw some ideas my way?

Normally, I would suggest layering it on a nice, sexy man. And, of course, picking it up via transference. But that isn't especially helpful. :P

My serious suggestions would be Snake Oil (because I'm finding that Snake Oil layers amazingly well with just about everything), Dragon's Milk (ditto as Snake Oil, with a different layering effect), Brisingamen (because the ambers should layer wonderfully and Brisingamen has some more feminine notes), and single-note ambers. I know that single note BPAL ambers are just about impossible to find but for this, you could pick up a SN amber from just about anywhere and experiment with different ambers.

Good luck and have fun!

Haunted goes very amber on me, almost single note, so if you want to go that route you might try that.

Me, I'm taking my one frimp of Casanova to a certain party this summer & attempting to enable a certain very hawt guy i know of but haven't yet had the pleasure of meeting. (insert evil laugh here)

I had such high hopes for Casanova myself, but it's one of the masculine scents that just proved to be way too masculine for me. You had me totally stumped with your question, but suddenly one day it popped into my head that Dorian might actually complement it and feminize it without totally ruining it. I also wonder if one of the lilac blends like Villain or Whitechapel might be a good match as well. Good luck!