Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
shriekingviolet

Software Upgrade Imminent!

Hey boys and girls! Invision Power Services, the dandy people who wrote the forum software we use, released a major upgrade last fall and Quantum Spice and I are finally ready to upgrade the software. The new software has a few new bells and whistles that we're excited about and I've got a couple of new skins to roll out at the same time. We think everyone will be pleased!

I'm giving you guys plenty of notice because this will require some downtime, hopefully not much, but I'd count on at least 9-12 hours if not a full 24 as after the upgrade script goes through converting the database to the new version, we'll still need to go through and upgrade skins and bug check everything. And obviously, if things go well less downtime will be necessary, if things get bumpy it'll take longer. I'll try to post progress reports at the status blog while I'm working.

The upgrade is planned for Wednesday, April 25th. The forum will go down at 12am EST om Wed (which would be late Tuesday night for many depending on their timezone) and stay down until at least midday on Wednesday. In the meantime, I encourage everyone to copy any contact info that may need for swaps and what not to someplace off forum if they don't do that already so that in the event the upgrade does take longer than planned, everyone can operate their swaps or other communications without access the forum for a few days.

Thanks everyone!

Also, for those of you who use the "Swapped With" profile field to track your former swaps and sales, you will want to back that up as well as we're going to be eliminating it.

Sign in to follow this