Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
fiddledragon

Essence of Sunlight - What's the sunniest scent?

I haven't actually tried either of these yet, although I'm interested in both: The Sportive Sun (Heliotrope, amber, almond flower, frangipani, cedar, and calamus) and Et Lux Fuit (golden amber, heliotrope, vanilla musk, carnation, daisy and sunflower bouquet, neroli, lemon peel, ylang ylang and honeycomb). Both are old LEs but I see them come up on sales/swap pages from time to time.

The Sportive Sun is an excellent sunny scent!

L'Estate is a good sunny one too, though it's a bit tough to acquire.

I'd also recommend Bub - A dog's bright, beaming memories of playing in the sun, rolling in the grass, and begging for table scraps.

For aromatherapy use I'd recommend The Butterfly - Fuzzy brown tonka bean, golden amber, bergamot, and petitgrain. Not only because it's gorgeous and warm :D but because bergamot is known for its uplifting qualities.

I keep Lyonesse in my ammo box just for the wintertime. It has such a warm, 'golden' scent to me, it's rather comforting and uplifting.

Tweedledum smells to me like a sweet fruit green tea, it's rather springlike and shiny.

I haven't had a chance to try it, but "A Wonderful Light" from last year's Yules sounds nice and glowy and uplifting: Three radiant ambers with honey, linden blossom, bourbon vanilla, and orange zest.

No. 93 Engine is a nice, bright, resinous scent. It's less snuggly and more zippy than the amber-based blends, to my nose.

I would try sea of glass. It makes me think of green sunny days, happy comfort. My husband loves it, it is very bright and cheery!

dorian would be another I would recomend, the dry down is the sweetest (feeling) softest vanilla, makes me feel like a little girl being hugged by a wonderful cozy adult woman (never got along with my mother, but if I did, it would be a mother personality!)

I'm looking for a GC scent that evokes sunlight, a lot of previous suggestions are no longer available and I'm sure there are newer ones!

@Tungerine I scanned the first few responses; I'd say Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo is a solid recommendation, and still available iirc. For me, it evokes the memory of eating gummy fruit slices during a summer road trip when I was a kid.

I also really like Seraphim -- it makes me think of sunlight flooding in through the windows in a Gothic cathedral. I know we all associate cathedrals with shadowy corners and soot-stained stone and leering gargoyles and incense but imagine you're a 13th century peasant and the stone is still new and white and you're standing in the nave during daytime, craning your neck up in awe, squinting at the sunbeams, in the tallest, most brightly-lit building you or anyone you know has ever set foot in. That's Seraphim to me.