Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ipb

Duplicate accounts are still not allowed

I'm just posting to remind y'all that we do not allow duplicate accounts. This has been in the guidelines for more than two years at this point in time, so it should not come as a surprise.

We track duplicate accounts in a variety of ways, and the probability is high that we will find out.

What to do if you were thinking about getting a new account:

• If you want an account for something special (like the "swap fairy" circle), it must be pre-approved by contacting SV or myself.
  • If you want to change your display name, you can do so by contacting SV or myself on the forum -- though after the first name change, you will need to cash in reward points to do so.
  • If you want to change your login, you can do so by contacting SV or myself.
  • If you forgot your old username or password and the retrieval isn't working, contact us at bpal {dot} org [at] gmail {dot} com. We will require some identity verification before we change your password, though.
  • If you were wanting a "sock puppet" or to get around punishments, you're outta luck.

If you have an unapproved duplicate account:

• If it's something innocent and you're honest about it when we contact you (or if you contact us), no harm done. We will require that you pick one and the one you don't pick will be suspended indefinitely, but it won't go on "your permanent record" (so to speak).
  • If you've got the second account for the purposes of a sock puppet or getting around punishments issued (such as being black listed from the swaps area for having too many swaplifts) or lie about it when asked, you will be harshly punished. Punishment may include (but is not limited to): a warning, a public outting of both accounts a suspension, or banning. What exactly happens will depend on the circumstances.

Sign in to follow this