Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

WAR

A Martial blend, used to ensure success in all manners of battle, war, conquest and victory.

When I purchased War I did plan to do some focusing work with this blend, but finding the scent to be so masterfully and enjoyably blended was a definate plus. I have worn this twice now and am still trying to place what seems so 'familiar' about the scent of this oil. This applies very strongly in broadcasting strength, so I now know to be very careful with the amount I put on. At first(when applied to my arm), the scent is sharp, herbal and dry, and very dusty, but luckily War quickly mellows and changes for the better. The oil a few minutes after drydown has a dominant note that reminds me of parchment (not office grade paper, but aged, thick paper that's kind of taken on a yellow sheen and is crinkling with small tears at the edges) that has a faint undertone of dust. There's also some kind of tart note that swells and then mellows under the parchment scent and gives this oil a semi-heavy sweetness that's kind of... faded in feel, as if seeped into the very dust of the parchment. At first, I identified this sweetness as an orange scent, but now think that's somehow inaccurate...the note in question has a paler feel to it that's not quite citrus-like, but more reminiscent of cane sugar instead. I'm thinking that this light sweetness might be a type of musk, but this blend is so well-blended I'm having difficulty identifying where one note ends and another begins. I can also detect an herb's presence providing a distinct edge, but its in the background of the scent and I cannot for the life of me pinpoint it.

I won't rate the scent/perfume aspect of War by a scale of 1 to 10 like I normally would because this is a TAL blend and has more than the purpose of being a perfume, but suffice to say I love the smell. War also lasts all day; the first time I wore this I put the oil on in mid-afternoon and could still detect traces of it the next morning. The ingredients in this blend synchronize to radiate a vibrant warmth in tone when I'm wearing War that's incredibly invigorating and grounding, and I'm absolutely fascinated by this scent for some reason, its amazing. This is a nostalgic scent of contemplation for me, dry but warm and vivid with life.

Court

Alright, anyone who knows me will say that the last thing I need is a blend that might exacerbate my already overly-competitive nature. But hey, I like to win. Thats not, however, why I grabbed an imp of this assertive and energetic blend (though if I just happen to accidentally spill a bit on myself before a game... well... )

Anyway, my actual intent for this blend is personal, complex and would make a too-long story, so suffice it to say that so far, I've found this oil to be effective, and I'll certainly update when I've had more in-depth experience with it. If it continues to work as well as I believe it will, I may be springing for a bottle in the near future.

As far as the aroma is concerned, this is a total winner. Its another of those TAL blends that, if it were a BPAL, I'd wear it for scent alone.

In the imp, its a cool herby scent, deceptively fresh, with maybe a hint of spicy resin lingering in the background. Wet, I get herbs and a twist of vetiver. As it dries, the vetiver begins to recede - but slowly. It takes a long time for the vetiver to actually fade, but when it does, I'm left with the most beautiful incense blend, dry and warm, almost churchy and quite surprising for something meant to be martial. It kind of reminds me of the incense in carfax abbey, but somewhat more pungent. I love it, I just love it.

This baby has a lot of throw and is long lasting - just as one might expect from such a blend. It definitely imparts energy and I wouldn't recommend working with it before bedtime (like I did... heh. I'll be up all night.)

I'm not going to review the scent, though it's nice enough. I bought this one solely for its purpose - and it definitely delivered.

Without going into details, two "friends" who were jealous over a recent romantic conquest of mine, tried to set me up to be publically humiliated. I really, really didn't want this to be true but unfortunately it was and I employed War in a spell to come out on top of all my detractors and enemies who meant me harm. I figured it would be a good oil to use in a competition or evil campaign without directly bitchsmacking them back. And it was; everything went my way; one "coincidence" after another befell them and ruined all of their plans. It was comical, in fact.

I also discovered the day after my spell that a maintenance man had been coming in my apartment while I was at work - something I'd suspected but couldn't prove until that day. I was able to get the cops and landlord involved and I do credit my spell for this as well. In short, I love War. This oil rocks my world.

Smells a little resin-y, mint/eucalyptus-y powder. Soft and warm.

Well, I don't know if it's the oil, but there had been this individual I was wishing would leave my job area. Seemed like nothing could get her out, since she was the reason my other coworker quit.

I figured I didn't want to cause her harm, but she can't just keep working and trying to seduce the boss for a job and annoying everyone else who really works. So I wore this, and shortly after she was dismissed from her position and unfortunately some other things happened, like husband leaving her, forclosing the house and her kids were being sent away because her husband felt she was cheating.

The boss man, went under investigation too. Someone contacted me to say "you know that curse you put on blah...well it's working" Erm...not a curse per say...just a perfume.