Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
shriekingviolet

And We're Back!

Hey everyone! After nearly two weeks of downtime, the forums are back up and finally on a server on our own! I didn't get nearly as much done as I would have liked, but a combination of time constraints, missing plug-ins and extreme fatigue have lead me to throw in the towel for the time being and open up without them. I know you guys want to be back just as much as I'd like to not spend ever spare minute on forum work for a few days, so this is best for everyone even if I do find it pretty disappointing. Hopefully though we'll get the proper plug-ins installed onto the server this week and get at least two of the three uncompleted projects up and running before a third of the mod team leaves to attend Convergence.

In the meantime, here are some of the changes that have occured since we went down:

• Live Chat!: The forum now has an official chat room! It's integrated into the forum so that everyone's forum log-in should work for it, AND it's tied into the "Who's Online?" list so that people can tell when our members are within, chatting away!
  • Member Blogs: All Members now have the ability to create and maintain their own weblogs on site! This feature can be setup within your "My Controls" control panel.
  • New Skin: I created a new skin which I'm very proud of while we were down. You can find it under the name "she devil."

Other Important Items of Note:

• Mata Hari skin temporarily down: Sarah's lovely red skin is down while she's making buttons to accommodate some of the forum's new features. Once she's finished it'll return. Feel free to bug her if she takes too long. :P
  • Gallery not up: This is just a heads up to anyone who stumbles across the Invision Gallery links in your user control panels. A community gallery (where people could upload and share images) was something I had planned to have ready when we opened, but we're waiting on a module to be installed so it can work. Until then, just ignore than section. Once it'l ready, I'll make an announcement and explain how it works.
  • New Moderators to Be Chosen: Over the next few weeks, we plan to adding several moderators to both help moderate the Politics subforum and the help staff some of our new projects. We don't plan on having a formal application process as we think that limits the pool of people we have to choose from, but it never hurts to inform us of your interest in a position as that will at least make sure you'll be considered. To the few of you who have already expressed interest during the past few months, I haven't forgotten you. :D

I think that's about it. It's very late and tired, so I've probably forgotten something. If you have any questions, concerns, or post crash errors to report, feel free to pm Kate (quantum spice) or I and we'll attempt to get back to you ASAP.

And no I'm going to go to bed. Welcome home guys!

Sign in to follow this