Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

Budding Moon is live: BPAL and BPTP

The Trading Post Budding Moon update is live! All praises to Empress Macha for another stunning design!

- - -

The Lupercalia update is live!

What's new? Smut, smut, and more smut!

Ok, maybe there are some things in Lupercalia that aren't quite so smutty. I'm just so damn enamoured of that word lately.

Oh man, you should see the crude concepts I had lined up for this update initially. Something about Valentine’s Day really brings out the pig in me.

You should see my research material. *insert raised eyebrow here*

Anyway, ‘nuff babbling. Its update time!

:: LIMITED EDITION: LUPERCALIA

KHAJURAHO

The fabled Khajuraho temples of India are shrines of love in all its myriad forms. They are a celebration of love itself – transcendental, spiritual and erotic. This is a rejection of sorrow, spiritual ennui and despair. The sexual motifs that adorn the temples, and the temples themselves, are monuments to ecstasy and to passion, and through that, they are also monuments to spiritual fulfillment. It is believed that the realization of moksha by dedicating oneself to adhyatma and dharma can be attained only by first experiencing sexual satisfaction. In the midst of the drudgery and struggle that we sometimes endure during the course of our Earthly lives, it is vitally important that we remember the joy found in kama, and that in kama we can achieve transformation of the body and soul. This is a blissful, euphoric blend based on an ancient Indian love potion: honey, date palm, tuberose, davana blossom, amber, white sandalwood, vanilla bean, Damask rose, and champaca flower.

LUPERCI

Piss off, Saint Valentine! Lupercalia is an ancient Roman celebration, held on February 15th, that kicked in the advent of Spring with a very, very festive purification, fertility and sexuality ritual. The ritual began near the cave of Lupercal on the Palatine, an area sacred to Faunus, as well as Ruminia, Romulus and Remus. During Lupercalia, Vestal Virgins first made offerings of sacred cakes to the fig tree under which the she-wolf suckled the Sacred Twins. A dog and two goats were then offered in sacrifice to Faunus. The blood of the sacrifice was smeared onto two naked patrician youths, who were assisted by the Virgins, and the blood was wiped clean with sacred wool dipped in milk. The youths donned the skins of the sacrificial goats, wielding whips made from the goat skins, and then led the priests and the Virgins around the pomarium, and around the base hills of Rome. This was a ceremony of great happiness and merriment, and was of particular interest to young women: being touched by the goat-whips young men that led the procession ensured their fertility in the coming year. It is believed that, after the initial rite, male participants would draw the name of an available maiden, with whom he spent the rest of the night. This scent is for the Luperci, the Chosen of Faunus, the Brothers of the Wolf: raw, down and dirty patchouli, Gurjam balsam, and essence of Sampson Root sweetened with the heightened sexuality of beeswax, virile juniper, oakmoss, ambrette seed over honey and East African musk.

NIGHT’S PAVILION

I worship you like night's pavilion,

O vase of sadness, o great silent one,

And love you more since you escape from me,

And since you seem, my night's sublimity,

To mock me and increase the leagues that lie

Between my arms and blue immensity.

I move to attack, beseige, assail,

Like eager worms after a funeral.

I even love, o beast implacable,

The coldness which makes you more beautiful.

Not the desperation, desolation and anguish of unrequited love, but the distant, chill and pitiless scent of the object of that doomed desire. White musk, osmanthus, Nile lily and frankincense.

PARLEMENT of FOULES

For the Valentine’s Day purists.

For this was on seynt Volantynys day

Whan euery bryd comyth there to chese his mate.

Medieval romance and courtly love. White rose and soft resins.

THE PERFUMED GARDEN

Under her neck my right hand

Has served her for a cushion,

And to draw her to me

I have sent out my left hand,

Which bore her up as a bed.

The Perfumed Garden for the Soul’s Recreation. This scent is based on a venerable Tunisian perfume that was used to excite the senses, inspire sensuality and inflame passion. Myrrh and Moroccan jasmine with apple peel, Indian sandalwood, myrtle, quince, citron, and thyme poured over soft musk.

RED LANTERN

A tribute to the opium den cum bawdyhouses of Shanghai in the 1930’s. Golden amber, blonde tobacco, Sudanese black coconut, rich caramel, black currant, white opium and delphinium laced with a sensual blend of Asian spice.

SMUT

What a great freakin’ word. BPAL LOVES SMUT! Three swarthy, smutty musks sweetened with sugar and woozy with dark booze notes.

Venus and 13 are live, and Budding Moon is also live, both at the Lab and at the Trading Post.

- - -

When placing your Trading Post order, PLEASE keep in mind that Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab and Black Phoenix Trading Post are two separate entities. Orders for Trading Post items that are sent to the Lab will be refunded and cancelled. Please make sure that you send all Trading Post PayPal payments to the appropriate address. This is of particular importance when it comes to Lunacy tees; Tedwin only orders enough to fill the requests he receives, and if he does not have your order in hand, he does not enter them into the count. Sending a Trading Post order to BPAL instead of BPTP slows the process down severely on both sides, and creates more confusion than our widdle heads can handle.

Thank you for understanding!