Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
UltraViolet

Toasted Coconut

121080135.jpg

Imp: http://pic7.picturetrail.com/VOL202/154131...8/121080117.jpg

BPAL blends which use Toasted Coconut (vs. Coconut, Black Coconut) as one of it's ingredients:

Eden

In the bottle

Surprisingly nice and foody with maybe a vague soapiness in the background.

This is my first sniff/review of any coconut single note, and it's also kind of an experiment for me. I've historically hated coconut and I've often wondered if I've hated it because it's paired with Vetiver typically. I hate Vetiver. I thought I'd start with the toasted coconut as it smelled better in the vial and alot less soapy than the regular BPAL coconut.

On

Smells good sort of....whoops and now I'm discovering toasted coconut smells like "Spooky". That's not a good thing to me. :P

I'm guessing I hate coconut.

It smells coconutty but this toasted coconut smells more nutty, papery and woody if that makes sense.

30 minutes

Thank goodness it gets sweeter on my skin as it dries so it's not so dry and papery to my nose now and it's warmer now almost, I dunno good I suppose.

Throw:

Actually , this would be considered some good throw.

Scent category:

Foody

Summary

Well, it smells like the BPAL blend "Spooky".

Purchase again?

No but I'm very glad (and grateful) that I had a chance to try this.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

2.5 (I'm pretty sure I'd be in the minority with this rating however)

Edited by UltraViolet

Told you I'd let you go first.... :P

I personally loved toasted coconut in the imp but please note I never actually tried it on my skin. In the imp it smelled exactly like the brown crunchy toasted part on the outside of a macaroon (as everyone knows, the best part by far). Given that this is the only imp of this I've ever heard of (Ultraviolet got it from me by way of eBay, and I have absolutely NO recollection as to where I got it from) it's too bad that more people won't be able to weigh in on this one. I really did think this was fabulous - most coconut is the overly-sweet, pina colada type, but this perfectly captured, well, toasted coconut.