Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
shriekingviolet

Replying To Notification Emails

Just wanted to put this out there since I get at least one email every two weeks or so that was never intended to be sent to me:

When you reply to email notifications, be they pm notifications or topic reply notifications, your message does not go to anyone but me. This email doesn't have any connection to the forum software once it's sent out so your replies go to the email connected to the forum software which is mine. Replying to a pm notification won't get a message to the person who pmed you and replying to a topic notification won't add a post to the topic it's sending you alerts about. They just go to me! Which isn't necessarily that big of a deal for a response to a topic, but I would imagine you may not want me to be the recipient to all of your pms! I try not to read them, but it's not always apparent until I'm halfway through the message that it wasn't intended for me!

So please keep this in mind when you read emails sent to you by the board. There's no reason to ever reply to one.

Sign in to follow this