Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Billyboi

Dupes for Le Labo fragrance

Hello,

I'm a big fan of a lot of the BPAL products and am wanting my sister to get into them as well, but her main go to fragrance is Poivre 23 from Le Labo. The overall scent for the fragrance is an amber, woody scent with some spicy essence and sweetness to it. It does contain black pepper, labdanum, vanilla, styrax, incense, guaica wood, sandalwood and patchouli. Does anyone know which BPAL would be the closest to this type of aroma? 

Thank you! 

Since no one has lept out with recommendations for you yet, I'm going to go through the general catalogue scents and see if I can find some good options to consider. I've never smelled the original scent, so I'm going off the general vibes you have described and notes listed. These are things that are in the same general family to maybe investigate. The nice thing with GC is that there are imps (small sample vials) to try out rather than the commitment to a whole bottle.

- Sin [Sin and Salvation]: amber, sandalwood, black patchouli and cinnamon.

- Wrath [Sin and Salvation - The Seven Deadly Sins]: dragon’s blood spiked with black pepper, clove, and cinnamon.

- Morocco [Wanderlust]: Arabian spices wind through a blend of warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood and cassia.

- Tombstone [Wanderlust]: A rugged, warm blend of vanilla, balsam and sassafras layered over Virginia cedar.

Obviously none of these are the same, but they all have some elements of that resinous-woodsy-spicy thing (with some other shared notes) going on. Depending on if you know how she feels about florals/fruits as part of perfumes, I might have some to add to this.

Thank you so much!!! I will have to definitely get those and give em a try. Thank you for the recommendations.

Sign in to follow this