Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Crafted to be layered with Sphinx Skin and the Key of Solitude, but can also be worn alone as a whispering, sigh-soft shadow: clove bud, Siberian iris, fossilized amber oil, black poppy absolute, and sandalwood smoke exhaled over a sheer skin musk.

Syzygy is the undying dream of a dusky poppy in full bloom, not vibrant and fleeting, but perfectly preserved within a gilded tesserae of amber, its vivid essence suspended in slow, honeyed time. Crumble these petrified petals into a steaming glass of milk, the creamy warmth coaxing out their hidden secrets. The first breath of Syzygy is this: a haunting sweetness, both familiar and strange. It's the memory of summer captured in a single, perfectly candied posy, not swaying in a sun-scattered field but tucked between the shadows amongst sun-baked stones. The rich, resinous beauty of the blossom endures, a timeless lure to the dark hum of ghostly bees forever adrift, doomed to perpetual yearning.

I wouldn't have gotten to try this, but I ordered this on behalf of a friend, who let me try their bottle, which will be getting posted in the mail right after I get off work in an hour in a half. :dance:

I was curious about this due to the clove, but did not order myself a bottle because iris is generally too loud and screechy on me. The iris is the star of the show on me, and has some serious throw, but it is not as high-pitched as some other iris scents have been on me. This reads as a very purple floral blend on me, backed by some labdanum-y amber, and swirled with a bit of clove, smoke, and a light musk. And the smoke in this is light and not acrid at all.

This was not the clove party I was hoping for, but I think my friend will be very pleased with that if this is at all similar on them.

Edited by doomsday_disco