Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Garnet rivulets of pomegranate juice, honeyed amber resin, labdanum,

ylang ylang, tuberose, and red plum.

Edited by Jenjin

Though I still wish the pomegranate and plum were a bit wetter and more present, this perfume gives the incredible impression of being someone who wears a lot of expensive, high quality make-up (particularly lipstick) without having to do any make-up at all! It has a lovely, high-femme lean and would be a great addition to any date-night kit.

the pomegranate/plum combo is somehow juicy yet gauzy. a dry resinous incense is immediately apparent, as well as silken florals. the florals meld with the fruity notes & the whole smells like fruity floral incense to me with a little added sticky honey & fruit juice. i am not usually a pomegranate fan but i’m really enjoying this one so far- maybe because it’s actually more plum to me than pomegranate. a low smoldering plummy incense scent, the tuberose like expensive silk. i was expecting to like this one least but it’s currently my favorite of the fruit vulvas.

In the imp: Almost winter holidays-esque dark red fruits with fizzy/fuzzy/syrupy laudanum underneath.

Wet/freshly applied: still pomegranate labdanum but now there’s a floral element, too, and it’s less fruity/syrupy and has a smooth, well rounded, almost polished aspect.

Drydown: Tart red fruit and fizzy/fuzzy labdanum remain the stars of the show. I agree with s feral’s description of “juicy yet gauzy” - it’s like sophisticated cranberry soda (or maybe a cranberry martini without the vodka). I can see what wodness was getting at with the “high femme who wears a lot of expensive lipstick” vibe.