Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
FreshRaven

Dupes for The Temptation

Love the have this again! anything that is similair?

Since i have a scent eating skin, it has to be heavy in sillage and longevity

Edited by FreshRaven

I'm going to give this an attempt since no one who knows the original scent well has stepped in. Doing a little digging through the review thread for this scent, some scents that it was compared to that are still around are:

• Fae [white musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss]
  • Tamora [Amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean]
  • Aglaea [Three golden ambers, bright musk, peach wine and myrtle]

The official notes were: attar of rose, calla lily, palmarosa, peach blossom, wisteria, rice flower, and black musk. 

Depending on what amped on you and how it balanced, I could see this going in lots of different ways. Sticking to mostly GCs here, and things readily available in general.

If you like the calla lily, rose, and wisteria combo and are down for resins, I could see Seraphim [calla lily, wisteria, white sandalwood, Damascus rose and frankincense] being worth a try. This is a very lingering scent on my skin, and has a good deal of throw. Obviously skin chemistry varies.

For peach blossom in a fruity-floral-resinous blend, it might be worth checking out the current Lunar New Year scent, Wooden Dragon (or other LNY scents if you can find them to buy on the forums).

From Picnic in Arkham, Shoggoth [white amber, green coconut meat, iris, palmarosa, Chinese peony, lime, water lily, snowdrop, muguet, lemongrass, osmanthus, wisteria, glassy musk, and hinoki] shares some notes, including the wisteria and palmarosa and a musk.

I hope someone who was familiar with The Temptation comes across this and can give you some more insight!

Sign in to follow this