Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A bounty of chocolate coins! Dry cocoa and golden amber!

Edited by Jenjin

TLDR: Lovely resin-heavy chocolate scent. Not as dry as I suspected. Slight medicinal resin-scent that could put you off if you’re not into that. 4/5 for me, though I suspect reactions will vary. Medium-strong throw and good longevity.

Source/age: one week of rest after receiving bottle from lab.

I stayed away from Gelt all these years because I had a “bleh, stale candy” reaction to Bliss and Vice. Plus, I saw a lot of old Gelt reviews were mixed. I have since found other chocolate scents in the LEs that I enjoyed, so thought I’d give this a try.

Wet: the throw is all chocolate cookies, but up close I smell something medicinal, resinous, and herbal - I suspect something in the amber. Maybe labdanum is used in this amber note? Smells great, but up close is def a resin perfume with a lot of chocolate, and far away is a lovely choco-cookies smell. Curious to see how it dries - I’ve found that I usually like most ambers, and amp quite a few resins. 

Half hr in: this is Waaay more amber than chocolate up close. It’s a very tangy/spicy amber, though thankfully not in a gross way. The throw is still very gourmand and chocolate. I think the amber is reading as cookie from a distance, weirdly.

3 hrs in, still there, still catching whiffs. decent throw and longevity. I can understand someone calling this dry (as people have described previous Gelt years), but tbh the amber seems to lend a somewhat sweet/liquid tone.

4 hrs in; doesn’t seem to be changing. 

Can’t remember how long it lasted, but I think I could still faintly smell it on my wrist 8 hrs later.